Twisted Nerve


Thai T-Shirt #1
Originally uploaded by tarotastic.
While reviewing my blog visit report, I came across the following referring link:

http://blog.webs-tv.net/nomoreads/article/4358614

Curious, I clicked on it. To my surprise, some I found it to be a blog post about my Fwaaah! post. After having it translated from Chinese, I was even more surprised-- the author works for the ad agency that handles the Fwaaah! ad for KFC. She was on the team that came up with the idea and she actually penned the lyrics to the jingle. According to the post, one of their colleagues from the Brand Planning department found my post and forwarded it to everyone in their company! The author, however seems quite candid about the criticism and concurred on several points I raised (she even remarked that several of her friends had a similar response). After rereading my post, I found that what I wrote was really quite unforgiving and brutally honest, but then, that's how I am. Once again, my "quick, acerbic tongue" has gotten the better of me again. So unfazed by my remarks... perhaps ad people are used to the fact that not everyone will be receptive to a certain concept. She was even curious and wanted more detailed information about what I disliked about it. Blogging on public domain-- the fun of interaction and the fear of potential backlash. Kewl.

Comments

Vengelyne said…
That's worth a lot -- getting brutal honesty from one member of the public. I doubt any of her friends or family members would've mentioned anything remotely close to what you said seeing how people tend to filter out a lot of sensitive information when conveying them to someone close.

Wow, you actually go through the blog-visit report. I don't. Too lazy. =P
Mr RM said…
Just wondering, how come NO ONE realised there is a mistake... it should be, "So he killed your MUM"

All commercial chicken meat are actually FEMALE chicken, not MALE cockerel .... hee hee
MrBunnyBan said…
I tried using babel fish to translate that. Didn't understand a word. @.@
William said…
@Venge:
It's easier to swallow criticism from someone who's not family.

Peruse through it when you get the time. You'll find some pretty interesting stuff there, especially the keyword analysis.

@Searcher:
I didn't know that... What do they do with the cockerels then?

@MBB:
Haha. I tried it too. Couldn't get the context right.
thompsonboy said…
so it was the chinese radio jingle la? I never heard it before also...and why must that woman type in chinese...most copywriters are bilingual..at least

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho