TGIF?! Not Again...


Serviette
Swiped from williamnyk.
Celebrated Mel's 26th birthday last Saturday and it was a celebration steeped in tradition. Will-Mel tradition that is. Minimal guests (planned to have 2 others, but the mutant flu virus currently devastating the Klang Valley had rendered both of 'em bed-ridden). Great lunch. Chit-chat over coffee. Fini. It sounds simple, but it always works. Lunch was at Melaka Street Restaurant, the exact same location I had my birthday lunch last month. No complaints, the food's real good. Mostly spicy numbers. All great with rice. The original plan was TGIF, but...

KK: Lunch at TGIF?! Pelik la...
Cla: I want! I want! Never had it before...
Mel: Err, if we go there, it's gonna be the 3rd year in a row I celebrated my birthday at TGIF...

Since KK and Cla were a KKM statistic, we changed the venue. So easy planning something when there's only two. :P. This time round, we ordered Nyonya brinjal (stir-fried with baby prawns, stir-fried to a dry-wet consistency), Assam fish (Senagin served in spicy and sour gravy with vegetables in a claypot) and mango Kerabu (my fave-- mangoes, chillies, dried prawns, monk's ear fungus). We did some minimal cam-whoring at the restaurant and had to employ the help of waiters at the joint, and we managed to get some shocked stares from the aunty beside us. It has become some kind of passtime for us to cause some kind of scandal whenever we go out. During our days of late nights at Bangsar, Mel would love to hold my hand while crossing the road just to generate some stares from the clubbing Indian and Punjabi guys. Sometimes we even have mock arguements at KFC or Coffee Bean. Haha.

Mel: Were you looking at that girl??!
Me: What should you care? You never put out anyway.
Mel: Not like you could ever fulfill me.
Me: Bitch.

After lunch, the next stop was at the hairdresser's. Mel got a wash and blow (not that kind of birthday "blow").

Mel: Wendy, meet my best friend from uni, William. So leng cai right, with the hair and all?
Wendy: (Pause) Err.... Boleh tahanlah.
Me: (Bitch)

With her hair done, we went over to Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, Section 14. Venge oh Venge, didn't catch you there. :(. Heh. Was cheated by the barrista, Fazli to order their Christmas drink, Hazelnut Caramel Ice-Blended. Bloody sweet. Diabetes in a cup. I couldn't finish it. If I'd put whipped cream on it, I swear I would have vomitted. The other Christmas flavour is peppermint. Don't waste your money on that either.

Since the birthday girl had another appointment and I was due for my swimming class, we ended it there, but not before heading to the pharmacy to buy a little something for SK-- Durex's Vibrating Condom. Apperently her company wants to do a little R&D, so they need to take a look at the product. The bloody thing costs RM10. Just a condom with a vibrating ring that's supposed to last 20 minutes. The cashier sure gave me a dirty look when I brought that thing to the counter. I think Mel can't go back to that Guardian anymore. Haha.

Happy Birthday to Mel again, and welcome to the club of the 26-35 year age group. :D.

Assam Fish

Kerabu Mango

Nyonya Brinjal

Hazelnut Caramel Ice-Blended

Comments

daniel henry said…
... dang! why do you keep posting FOOD? and your url ain't working... can see the html lubang... LOL...
*got la chat box la... it's there after the archives... anyways the comments is activate de...
Anonymous said…
hehe... I love the way oyou described the food, now making me drool.. we never sit quitely at one establishment, always hop from one place to another.. and let us never let of that tradition.. here's to many years of birthday happiness to reminice Will!...:):)
Anonymous said…
hey my dear,my net was down for weeks and once i get online..oh my..you are telling the whole world getting me the NEW item. People will misunderstand what kind of "R&D" i am dealing with. Looking for volunteers to test it, any out there? :P

P/S: Sorry...no budget...just mainly for Research purpose..
daniel henry said…
... no i didn't turn on the comments just for melancholy... i might be a camwhore but i'm sure no attention whore... *tsk tsk*...
daniel henry said…
and nopes... back in kl long time de. but i'm still crapping about tokyo... mmm...
savante said…
You mean there's a 26-35 yr old club? Where do I sign up?
Shake Trees said…
wah spicy food. u got gud taste for it.
Vengelyne said…
What? You think I sit around in 1 same Coffee Bean or Starbucks outlet all the time? I was there at Section 14's CB 2 weekends ago, but last weekend I was at the CB in Mont Kiara. =P I've to say that there were a lot of pretty girls there, but can't say the same for the male department. :| How sad.

Oh yeah, I tried the Christmas drink at CB and I kinda like it - peppermint mocha latte. Wouldn't mind another shot of it.

Even if you did see me there at CB, you wouldn't have been able to recognise me. The photos are all fakes, I tell ya, but this is the biggest doctored one of them all!

Wah... what kinda experiment is that with the Durex vibrating condom??? She must've thought you and Mel were a kinky couple. How sexy! Lol. So pray tell the results of your condom testing. *wink wink* =D
thompsonboy said…
yeah..who are YOU testing it on?
William said…
@DHenry:
Fixed the HTML bugs. Came back long2 already? You have a vivid memory of your trip.

@Mel:
Yeah, forgot about our venue-hopping! :D

@SK:
Now people think I'm testing it!!

@Savante:
You need to pay the lifetime registration fees of RM75.00 first. Then I'll forward you the address of the Clubhouse.

@NyonyaP:
Hahaha.

@Cybertron:
My bowels have paid its dues. :D

@Venge:
Who knows, I might have recognized you even if you had big sunglasses and a scarf over your head. Or just shout periodically, "PAGING FOR VENGELYNE!".

@TBoy:
No testing fees, no test. *grin*
Anonymous said…
Notice of Clarification

Refer to the above matter, I wish to clarify that Willy(I/C: XXXXXX-XX-XXXX) is not the volunteer for the blog’s mentioned product. And he is not intending to test or try it out. Moreover, I am not interested to ask him to be the volunteer. ;) I need more significant and trustful source. Haha… :P

Thank you,

From,
SK
XXX Company

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho