Rocketry


SeputehDAP
Swiped from williamnyk.
Note: I hope this is not too late...

For the past month, I had attended two DAP Seputih Community Center Building Fund dinners. Not that I'm affiliated with Teresa Kok's (affectionately known as Seputeh's MUlan) political rocketry, but was there to "return a favour" as Chinese would say. Both dinners were held at Thean Hou Temple and was attended by many supporters especially from the Chinese community. It's always fun going to these dinners as we get to see a side of politics that is not usually reported by the media. The structure of these gathering are always the same. Fiery speeches, multimedia presentations, video clips of MPs arguing in the Dewan Rakyat (definitely more interesting than the ones the show you on Bulletin Utama), live performances (sometimes), karaoke (usually by the MPs to raise some funds) and a good old traditional Chinese course dinner ("cold plate", Tom Yam Prawns, Braised Pork Knuckles and Sea Cucumber, Roasted Pork and Duck, Herbal Chicken, Steamed Glutinous Rice). There's always enough fodder on the expense of BN for the opposition politicians to rouse much applause from the audience. Last I heard, Lim Guan Eng was harping on the ASLI issue, Khairy Jamaluddin, Chinese schools, MCA's impotence and his perpetual favourite, profit-sharing from Petronas. On the other hand, his father, Lim Kit Siang, talked much about the shocking things heard and seen during the UMNO General Assembly. With Hishamuddin wielding the keris, we were left to wonder whether the MCA would try their hand at the Chinese halberd (Kwan Tou). Another funny thing is also the fact that OUG and Sri Petaling is populated by over 90% Chinese and yet there is only one primary Chinese school in the area. The government built three national schools there and some of them are under-utilized. I should know, I used to stay beside one in OUG. Only three classes were occupied when I was living there. And the perpetual paving of a main road in OUG. Opps, salah. Korek. Opps, too narrow, korek. All the benda pelik-pelik and its good that there's the opposition too keep tabs on things.

Still on the topic of politics and food (the gullet is the way into the voters' heart?), I also attended a Raya open house by the Puncak Jalil Residents Association (PTPJ) President. I'm not sure whether he organized it in his capacity as PTPJ President, UMNO Puncak Jalil Branch Head or as MPSJ Zone 23 Committee member. He has definitely done a lot for the residents in my area, bringing together the residents, local government and the infamous Talam Corp. Whatever the case, it's a good way to get friendly with the rakyat. Since I skipped the government open house at PWTC, this was the only Raya do I attended. I managed to satiate my appetite for Ayam Masak Merah, Rendang Daging, Nasi Minyak, Acar, dhal and the perpetual favourite Biskut London Almond and Rempeyek. On a more negative note, I had to make a "forced withdrawal" at the toilet with much cold sweat and tears after ingesting all that rich food. Wonder if it's bad curry or the earlier karaoke lunch I had. But seems that I was the only victim. Ugh. Must be me.

RayaOpenHouse

Comments

thompsonboy said…
I attended a few MCA dinner thingy in my days....
MrBunnyBan said…
Murh. Politics. Don't really trust *any* of the people up there, so far. Whichever party.
just me said…
Looks like you checked out the talks and the food...hope you have recovered from the queasy stomach
William said…
@TBoy:
Budak MCA nih.

@Ban:
Yeah, it's true, politics is inherently "dirty".

@JustMe:
Food, mostly. Food. :D
thompsonboy said…
memang..nanti kita gaduh kan?

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho