See you in the Water V, VI, VII, VIII


Pepper takes a dip
Originally uploaded by tschopper.
For everyone's reading pleasure, I have condensed 4 posts into 1. This is to spare you the details of my excruciatingly slow progress in the last 4 lessons. But I'm glad to report I have finally reached a milestone!

8 lessons, 5 instructors and 1 physics lesson later, my "kermit stroke" has been declared decent. I just recently managed to do it with one kick and one pull and for a decent distance. One more lesson in turning and I'll be able to ditch my green card for a yellow one. No significance to me (no, yellow does not go better with my trunks), but the instructors make it seem like a big deal. With just 4 more lessons to go, I hope to at least be learn another stroke.

The gains from my aquatic activities aren't very significant (where's my toned, swimmer bod?!), but I do see minor improvements to my lung capacity and stamina. I'm not as tired after my swim anymore, but I have a nagging pull in my groin that I can't seem to shake that off. But the biggest change is to my skin tone. From steamed chicken to half-teriyaki. Well, gotta be realistic. At least I'm better in the water now.

Comments

thompsonboy said…
Yeah, well I cant swim.

I hate you. :P
William said…
Sign up. If I recommend someone, I get 2 free lessons!
thompsonboy said…
hot instructor in speedos? YUM
I swim underwater holding my breath 3 times a week (for about 45 min.).

You swim one distance in the pool (or one lap once you get better at it) every 5 minutes. And then stay warm as you wait by swimming above the water.

This really helps improve your lung capacity and apnea times. Before this I was seldom able to snorkel deeper than 15 feet. Now 30 feet is a standard depth.
Vengelyne said…
I can't even swim half a lap without feeling like drowning. And the lap I'm talking about is the shorter one, not the long end to end. =P

I'm not a swimming fan although I do have an affinity towards water -- I keep falling into rivers each time I go outdoor. :|
William said…
@Daniel:
You wish. :P

@Alex:
Yikes. That took my breath away. :D

@Venge:
I could just imagine you tumbling down a riverbank into the river. Hehe.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho