Incompetence


All my apps belong to us
Originally uploaded by lisamac.
Warning: Geek post ahead.

It took me 3 days to force an old set of source code into Microsoft's VSS 6.0 and get it running. Another 2 days to unbind a new set of source from its current source control server to another server. The source code must really hate me.

Lesson learnt: When unbinding a .NET solution from VSS, you should bloody well delete all the *.scc, *.vssscc, *.vspscc files from the directory structure. If all else fails, manually edit the solution file to remove the "GlobalSection(SourceCodeControl)" portion. For the project files, also throw away the "SAK" lines. There!

Comments

thompsonboy said…
//ignore me

/start

if william geektalk;

then ignore;

else nothing;

/end
William said…
I just gotta C# your psuedo code:

//ignore me

public void BlogPost()
{
if (william_geektalk)
ignore();
else
nothing();
}

You took programming before?
thompsonboy said…
My Java and C+ lecturers will so roll in their bed at night...

Yes, that's my deep dark secret. I was actually geek educated.
Vengelyne said…
You are so geeky, William!

I can't remember a single line of coding despite being tortured by programming languages for 3 whole years!!! GAH!!!

I can't even write a simple code to publish the word Hello world like what all programming language text books teach in the first chapter. =P
thompsonboy said…
OMG I remember Hello Word in my java classes...LOL
William said…
I'm now a geeky psycopath.

Even if you don't forget it, it's most probably obsolete by now. The curse of IT.

Console.WriteLine("Hello World!");

There, happy?
Jaded Jeremy said…
"I'm now a geeky psycopath."

Yah meh? Show me :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho