See you in the Water III

This is my first lesson in a fortnight. I skipped the last one because they were closed on month ends. And this time, I went on Sunday (coz I was zombie-fied on Saturday). The crowd was fantastic. Kids everywhere. A collision course in all directions. Another instructor today-- Vincent. Might conform to Zeemien's requirements. Strict. Ala drill sergeant. Precise movements. Got plenty of corrections and pointers from him. Got flamed as well.

If you keep standing around, how am I gonna see how you swim? If you don't see you swim, how can I correct you?

Corrected my breathing (Inhale into your lungs! Not your cheeks!). Corrected my stroke (higher! More to the side! can you feel the difference now?!). Learned to breathe mid-stroke (face down, blow bubbles, 1, 2, 3, up for air, hands stroke -- I still don't get it. He showed me 10 times!). But I'm still as coordinated as a drunken juggler. He also remarked that my neck's very tense. At one point, he caught hold of my legs and I lost it. Wtth my head going south, I could swear he was trying to drown me. In the last 5 minutes of my lesson, the instructor tried to teach me how to tread water at the deep end. Kinda hard when it wasn't exactly very deep. Didn't get the hang of it. Maybe next time. Boy, were my legs sore then next day. Felt like I was walking on stilts. No wonder frog legs are so popular...

Comments

savante said…
Wah, so how goes the Water Babies!

paul
William said…
Slowly but surely. :)
Deepak Gopi said…
Hi..
Your E.C.U resembels to Chau Yun Fat
MrBunnyBan said…
Hee, you'll get it right eventually.
Vengelyne said…
Hari ini dah Isnin. Mana laptop engkau? Dah dapat ke belum?
William said…
@Deepak:
My, my. The infamous Deepak. I'm honoured. But what's ECU?!

@Bunny:
Yeah, the motivation's there. At RM16.20 per lesson, I better get it right soon. :)

@Venge:
FYI, I collected my laptop on Friday. It was collecting dust in my MD's room. However, I've just fund out that the wireless in my office is now off limits. I'm actually replying this post at the AliBaba mamak downstairs. They have WIFI!
Vengelyne said…
Wow... you must be your MD's blue eyed boy or something. MD fixing the laptop for you ah? =P Lol. Why was it on his desk? Or yr MD didn't trust the folks who fixed it and had to QC first before his star employee receives his fixed laptop? ;-)
William said…
I'm hardly his anak emas. His office was just being used as a store room. :P. No QC since it wasn't fixed. They didn't even want to fork out a measly RM120!

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho