Mind over Analgesics


panadol
Originally uploaded by williamnyk.
I took this photo at the Taman Tun Market. At a famous soya bean stall that has pictures of political figures who have tasted its soya bean. Both our most recent PMs have have their pictures on the wall, but it doesn't mean they liked it. :P.

Your mind is more powerful than a Panadol

Tell this someone with a history of migraine and they'll give you a bitter laugh. The mind is definitely a powerful tool, but I think most of us lack the mind power and mental capacity to block off pain in an effective way. At best, we are able to distract ourselves from the feeling, but to be completely numb to it, I don't think so. Even analgesics can't work wonders. But there are exceptions to the norm of course. One of my close friends JM, advocate the concept of mind over matter. Most of the time, he shrugs off his illness. He wills himself to be better. Even when he does take Panadol as a last resort, he doesn't swallow them, he chews them without gagging (!). Anyway, my mind is weak, so pass me the Panadol.

PS: The poster is an advertisement for better health through qi gong
PPS: I'm still battling a sore throat since my first swimming lesson. I still refuse to see a medical professional. I wonder if its the chlorine or the sun? *phlegmy cough*

Comments

Anonymous said…
panadol.. the termal porblem -solver of migrains lar, period pain lar, whatver-else is painful.. ehehe.. i can remember people who pop it like candy..last day of my training.. i dont know which is worse, the journey to the place (Maju junction) or the never-eneding traffic jams..
William said…
It really isn't advisable to take them regularly. One gets desensitized to them. But I think some period pain is so bad any old Panadol won't do the trick. Maju Junction, huh? Ages since I've been there. What training? The road towards Jalan Kuching memang teruk. Towards TAR a bit better.
MrBunnyBan said…
Hmm. Targeting our superstistious Chinese population. Would work like a charm f it weren't or the fact that people are too lazy to practise chi gong. :p

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho