Listen


receiver
Originally uploaded by trudi_.
Years back, I've been told that I sound differently over the phone. Having been told that, I have never verified it myself as I can't very well put two phones over both my ears and make a call. Never thought of leaving a message on a friend's voice mail and then listening to it. This thought resurfaced recently when I made a video recording with my digital camera and it captured my speech. My reaction was:

Do I *REALLY* sound like that?!

I sound different in my head. Outside, it's kinda....... umm.... nasal?! Having your voice distorted over copper wires is one thing, but to sound differently to what I myself hear is .... I dunno, a bit freaky. It's not like I like to listen to the sound of my own voice, but I imagine that I sound cooler than that. But then, my friend verifies it.

"That *IS* your voice"

Oh well. At least I don't sound like the BM voice over guys for Doraemon. On the other hand, I've been told that I look like Sunio. But that's another story.

Saya nak pergi ke rumah Sizuka!

Comments

Margaret said…
Not knowing what you sound like I can't tell. Bet you sound sexy though! Just teasing. Take care.
savante said…
No worries, man. I sound terribly nasal too - and obviously distinctive since most guys recognize my voice!

paul
lazyfellow said…
i used to record myself on radio whenever i phone in for radio contests. and i sound terrible. couldn't believe the sound when i playback the tape. man, how can u guys tolerate such a voice! haha.
William said…
@Marge:
Thanks! I'll take any compliment, any day, teasing or otherwise. You hopped over from?

@Paul:
Sounding too nasal carries the risk of being recognized as Fran Drescher from "The Nanny".

@LazyF:
Goodness. You actually did that?! Recordings for posterity. You sound fine. A bit selamba though.
Jaded Jeremy said…
Disappointing, isn't it? I know I was when I did it myself. Haiz. Also thought I would have sounded cooler hehe.

But you sound sexy over the phone lah :P

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho