Recycling

While having breakfast on Wesak Day, one guy came up to table asking me to show my support for a recycling campaign. Apparently, they go around asking people to sponsor recycling-awareness books for primary school students. Their target is 50,000 books. One book costs RM8.50. You do the math. The guy showed me a sample. It was quite thin, with glossy paper and full-colour printing. I bet the books will just end up in the landfill, unread, leaching its multi-coloured inks, dyes and bleaches into water table. If you want to promote recycling, by all means use recycled paper (even WWF pandai enough to do so). It's an educational book, not some fancy product launch booklet. Goodness. I told him to shove off, nicely.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho