Suck It Up

Suction Cup

My mood was kind of off on Saturday due to AirBnB woes. Customer service is definitely no fun especially when it's related to home maintenance problems at midnight. The problem was discovered one booking ago when I did a quick spot check, but I had no time to fix the problem. At that time, I was already pissed off with the cleaner for not notifying us that the wash basin stopped was stuck! And the problem continued to the next booking. Once again, the cleaner was silent. I have no idea how she does the cleaning and not complain about it. And with 4 people on the job, we can still fail to get these important things sorted out. To placate the guest, I promised her that I would try to solve the problem the next day.

Found a DIY solution on YouTube that involves using a suction cup to raise the stopper. Looks simple enough. Turned my morning market trip into a treasure hunt for a suitable suction cup. Went from stall to stall and couldn't find it. Adhesives are more popular now. Turned up empty-handed even at Fun 'n Share. Had curry noodles at Eng Huat Kopitiam. A recommendation from KH. Said the guy is kinda cute and hunky. I do agree that he's pretty hunky. Go give it a try if you like your curry noodles exceptionally spicy.

Curry Noodles

In the end, I found suction cups at Yubiso and Mr DIY in Pearl Point. Bought two different sizes just in case. I went to the Airbnb, but the guest wasn't at home, so I just left the tools by the door. Much later, the guest messaged me that she managed to raise the stopper. Thank goodness the solution worked.

Back home, did some chores, and had a simple lunch of fried bihun with frog. An uncommon dish right? Haha. The heat was stifling, so I brought mum to Midvalley for dinner. LG is so different now. And it's starting to sport wood theme. Kinda shocked that some of the kiosks at the higher floors were replaced by decorative plants and pebbles now. Unthinkable for them to reduce retail space.

Fried Bihun with Frog

Couldn't find a good place for dinner. Most had waiting lists and queues outside. Ended up walking to the extended LG area in the Gardens Mall that connects to the Robinsons-side escalators. That area was really quiet. The TMA Cafe there was practically dead. Based on the limited selections, mum chose Mr. Tuk Tuk.

Tomyam

Thai Milk Tea

We made the mistake of not leaving immediately after dinner. Actually loitered till 10 PM when they started announcing the closure of the mall. Does anyone think that the recording was done by Michelle Yeoh?! Sounds like her. Anyway, I only managed to exit the mall one hour later. It was crazy! Stuck unmoving for 15 minute stretches down at P4. When I got out (my ticket had expired!), the Midvalley Ring Road was actually clear. Where's the bottleneck? Gosh.

Comments

Twilight Man said…
What a lucky guy to have a good guest at the Airbnb. My North Korean diplomat could not even change a bulb or knew how to operate the air cond. Sigh!

I love Mr Tuk Tuk for its combo meals.
Derek said…
Yeah. I also experienced jam exiting from MV. So I went back inside. Hehe
William said…
@Twi:
When it comes to Airbnb, you never know what you're gonna get.

@Derek:
Still have to leave ma.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho