Cafe Hopping

Fishball Noodles

Mum did her usual marketing at OUG morning market, and was the second week in a row that I bumped into MIL. We were eating at Kopitiam Eng Huat when she suddenly walked in with FIL. She immediately came over to say hi to us. Also some sharing about her favourite stalls at the place.

Before noon, mum went out for her massage and facial session. SK was in town that weekend, so we went out for lunch. Finally tried the food at LT Fang Cafe. Nothing magical about the pork chop in terms of taste, but there was something special about it because it came out so much quicker than the roast pork fried rice (don't expect to see recognizable pieces of roast pork). Big portion though, surely enough for 'rice bins'.

Pork Chop

Our coffee session was just a short walk away at Day 9 Kitchen. The weather was so hot that I opted for a cold coffee instead of my usual hot flat white. Told the waitress that I wanted a MoMo Ice and she went "huh?". Pointed her to the menu which describes it as two shots of espresso, 60% dark chocolate, vanilla ice cream, and fresh milk. Then I said I wanted their matcha Basque, and she have me another "huh?". I sent her out front to look at the advertized seasonal special. Another "huh?" and my eyeballs would have rolled back into the sockets. The coffee is recommended but the cheesecake I had no words for. Neither the "cheesecake" nor the "matcha" label fit it properly.

MoMo Ice

Matcha Basque

Mum arrived home from the beauty parlour at 5:00 PM. She was delayed because she added on a manicure. At 6:00 PM I sent her out to Happy Garden. She followed a friend to HGH for a fundraising concert. Met KH and SK for dinner at Restoran LFF. Been ages since I ate there. Had Teochew style steamed tilapia, pumpkin tofu, and braised pork ribs. Must admit that I ordered a little too much.

Pork Ribs

Teochew Steamed Fish

What else to do but to go to a cafe? March Azalea was at full capacity because it was still dinner time. Tried Midsummer Cafe upstairs and we managed to secure a table. My throat was acting up, so I went for Lavender Milk instead of coffee. It's actually a subtle drink, and the drizzle of caramel on the milk foam adds little bursts of flavour and sweetness.

Lavendar Milk

SK still wanted to try March Azalea, so we went back down after dinner peak hour. We shared a hot fruit tea, and a mushroom soup. The owner remembered my face and remarked that I had not visited in a while. I received a call from mum at 11 PM, and that was our cue to call it a night.

Mushroom Soup

Comments

Derek said…
We ate so much that night haha
Arvind R.K said…
momo ice nampak sedap, would try this cafe in the future if i have the chance :D
William said…
@Derek: @JJ:
Many 'small' meals :P

@ARK:
Ever been to Equine Park?

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho