Passage to Penang

Local Terminal

Unexpected things always crop up at work. Just a few days before my pilgrimage, I suddenly needed to fly to Penang for a meeting with our technology partner. Took the evening Malindo flight there. Realized that is my first time flying out of KLIA2's domestic terminal. Another horribly designed super long terminal. Malindo's plane was clean and had decent leg space.

Lounge

Upon arrival at Penang International Airport, I took a GRAB to Vistana Hotel Bukit Jambul. Lucky to have been given a Club room, but I only had one night to enjoy the suite. Discovered that hotel guests needed to pay MYR2 to the Penang government now. The executive lounge had closed so I walked out to find dinner. Did not feel like having Original Kayu Nasi Kandar, so I walked a little further to Kompleks Bukit Jambul where I had roast duck noodles at H.K. Gourmet Kitchen. All of their pork had sold out by 8 PM, so they must be really popular. The roast duck was good, but its weird that they provide a dried chili condiment instead other usual green chilies.

Wantan Noodles

My meeting was scheduled at 8:00 AM on Thursday. Really too early. My CEO thought they were joking. Well, they weren't. We cleared security then made our way to the meeting room for a marathon meeting session. To save time, we ate in. All the sessions were on a tight schedule. But it was truly a fruitful trip. To conclude, we had dinner together at Golden Triangle, Queensbay Mall. Mediocre Thai food. My bosses continued their stay in Penang while I headed to airport to catch my flight home. The scheduled departure for my flight was delayed. By the time I got home, it was already 1 AM. Zzz.

Comments

William said…
@Derek:
Similar to your travel plans.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho