Happy Hup Kee

Hup Kee

Received a dinner invitation from SimonLover some time in the middle of the week. Asked him about the venue and he told me Hup Kee at Jalan Ipoh. Kinda far for me, but I agreed to the dinner with ForIHaveSinned and Khatijah. KH joined too. Rain in the evening screwed up the whole traffic to KL. Took me an extra 15 minutes to get there. Yet I arrived just in time because I gave myself a 45 minute buffer. The restaurant was pretty hard to spot as its small, and partially-hidden by a tree. And the best thing was that it didn't have a signboard. Good thing I checked Google Street View beforehand.

Paku-Pakis

Prawns battered with yam sticks

Truly a hidden treasure. Pretty impressed with their food. SimonLover and Khatijah did the ordering. Firstly was Golden Dragon Chicken, a reconstructed chicken dish, where chicken skin is layered with fish paste and then deep-fried. Crispy, fragrant, and not oily (I like to tell myself). Then there was another deep-fried number~ prawns battered with yam sticks. An amazing crunch! Moist in the middle, crispy outside. Another two dishes were curry wild boar and claypot tofu. And they gave free soup and jelly as well. The bill came to about RM30 per person. Not bad.

Golden Dragon Chicken

Curry Pork

Our after-dinner coffee session was at Posh Coffee Roastery (normally places with such names should be avoided) over at Jalan Kepong. It's attached to a property developer's showroom and has ample parking bays. The place has a designer interior but the choice of lighting was pretty uncomfortable on the eyes. Enjoyed their Rose Mocha. Khatijah and ForIHaveSinned really made themselves at home reclining on the sofas. Our discussion already headed towards the next dinner gathering... Perhaps Sek Yuen?

Rose Latte

Comments

Derek said…
We should go to Posh Coffee again!

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho