Lebanese and Lantern

On a Friday evening, mum suddenly had free tickets to an event at Jalan Khoo Teik Ee in Imbi. It was held in a building that has no name. When I searched for it on Google Maps Street View, I finally understood why. From the visual, I recognized it as the mysterious building that supposedly did not receive DBKL's blessings to construct. Don't know how that went, but the building still stands and is still operating. Right after work, I took the MRT to Bukit Bintang, and walked a short distance to Imbi. On my way there, I saw a hunk standing in front of a Lebanese restaurant at Jalan Bukit Bintang. Would definitely would want to try the kebab that he's selling.

Lebanese I

Lebanese II

Mum's event wasn't done yet, so I chilled at Restoran Meng Chuan, ordering a plate of wat tan hor. Years ago, I used to frequent the place with my manager. The noodles are still good, but freaking expensive. Once mum was done, her friend dropped us at Berjaya Times Square. Since it was a long time since we were there, we decided to take a look around. The CNY decorations were quite interesting. The management created a water feature in the middle of the mall which would be used for the Chap Goh Mei mandarin orange tossing event. Amazing how they made a faux canal complete with bridges, just like in China. And there was a whole lot of lanterns, giving the whole place a scary red hue. Anyway, the retail options weren't quite a fit for us, so we boarded the monorail and headed home.

Wat Tan Hor

Comments

drlffong said…
How much for the noodles?
thompsonboy said…
i need some kebab in my mouth
Twilight Man said…
Where's the canal and bridge photos?
William said…
@drlffong:
RM14 for 1 pax.

@TBoy:
Jom makan shish kebab!

@Twi:
Takde wor...

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho