Clumps of Grass

I grew up in a neighbourhood that was made up of rows of squat houses striped with grassy fields. We often hired grass cutters to manicure the fields (back in those days, they still used metal blades instead of plastic strings). Once the grass was cut, I would help out with the raking. No matter how well we raked, there would always be leftover blades of grass. These stragglers make their presence known after a heavy downpour. Once the rain clouds clears and the sun dries the field, one would often find 'tentacles' made up of brown grass clumped together by the rain. I loved to pick at those clumps, and let the dried grass crumble through my fingers. Sounds dirty? Just a random memory from my childhood. Not sure if you know what I'm rambling about... :D.

Comments

Arvind R.K said…
reminds me of my past, the big house i had in Seremban have a very big lawn, me and my dad used to mow the lawn with an old lawn mower that doesn’t have the suction box behind, so we rake the grass away, and just as you mentioned, after the rain, after the sunshine, clumps of grass would form, and i did the same thing just as you did :)

i think our generation had the best childhood, so many beautiful memories treasured
William said…
@ARK:
Guess its something only people with lawns would understand. Haha.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho