Catching Up With Cousins

Ever since KH embarked on his career as a NuProfessional, I no longer have Friday dates with him. After work, I would take the train home and have dinner with The Tribe. By the time I get home and shower, it would usually be 9:00 PM. Right after I did my quick 2-minute LumiSpa cleansing routine, I suddenly received a FB message from my Bagan Sungai Burong cousin, Hunter. Not something that happens often.

Hunter: Hi. I'm at Pudu Raya now.
Moi: Alone?
Hunter: Yes.
Moi: Where are you staying tonight?
Hunter: No where.
Moi: I'll be there in 30 minutes!

Turns out, he had arrived an hour ago, but failed to get anyone to pick him up. Poor fella. He had just arrived from Singapore, after a routine follow-up for a heart valve surgery that he underwent in 1995. Mum persuaded him to stay at our place since we had prepared a room, and a spare change of clothes. Not long after Hunter had freshened up, my other cousin who lives in Puchong finally returned his call.

Together we went out for a yumcha session at a nearby mamak shop. For the first time, we actually sat down and had a 'blow water' session right up till 2:00 AM talking about politics, health, and the supernatural. As relatives, we should really connect more often, and it was really a blessing to receive that FB message from Hunter. The next morning, we had breakfast, then I took the LRT with to Plaza Rakyat. Just a couple of bus ticket counters are left in the building, like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I bid him adieu, and went on my way. My lunch was beef noodles at Restoran Q East West, supposedly originating from Kota Bahru. Although a bowl of noodles there cost at least RM15, it was a full house. I wasn't impressed really.

Beef Noodles

Remember ZZ who was leaving KL? Mum and I attended a farewell dinner for her at Bamboo Park Restaurant, Sungei Way. One half of the place looks like a Chinese manor, while the other half is decorated with bamboo and panda plushies. Some interesting dishes can be found there, not so typical. The kitchen is extremely speedy, managing to serve in 5 minutes! Went home with lots of photos that night.

Dong Po Meat

Comments

Twilight Man said…
Supernatural talk! Why was I not there?
A Singaporean feng shui master asked me to write all the stories. I think I need to create another blog.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho