You've Got Balls

Four Flavours

Right before Christmas, the Winter Solstice was celebrated. Had a reunion dinner at my sister's place and invited SK and Brian over too. And the tang yuan was special with a quad of homemade flavours: blue from Bunga Telang, green from pandan, yellow from pumpkin and purple from sweet potato. Not only different colours, but different textures due to the ingredients. I didn't do the rolling, left it to the kids to play. Hehe. Wouldn't want to rob a great childhood experience from them. And mum made the savoury variety for me, tang yuan in chicken soup! My favourite. I was a happy boy! Not sure if I ate 34 glutinous rice balls that year... huhuhu.

Sweet Tang Yuan

Savoury Tang Yuan

Steamed Fish

White Chicken

Home Is Where The Heart Is

Comments

J said…
The colours look almost artificial!
SamL said…
Tangyuan in chicken soup? I've never tried that before..
William said…
@Hdaran:
Au naturel

@SamL:
Give it a try. Put in some sliced mushrooms, prawns, garnish with chinese parsley
Derek said…
Never try before in chicken soup le ... interesting
Arvind R.K said…
tang yuan in chicken soup ? (@_@)
sedap ke ?

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho