Tai-Chi Friday

flaming pan mee by williamnyk
flaming pan mee, swiped from williamnyk on Flickr.
A customer who had been using my company's system for three years suddenly had the budget to enhance it to include another department (DEPT A) into the picture. In order to find out if the fit is right, DEPT A has to understand how it is currently working. The best candidate is obviously DEPT B, the current users of the system. They use it day in and day out. For some inexplicable reason, this customer of mine, insists that the vendor go in to explain things to DEPT A. In a perfect world, DEPT A should talk to DEPT B. But of course, the world is a screwed up place, so we are roped in to be the mediator (and I'm not sure if we are even charging). Truth be told, we aren't the best people to explain the business requirements and peculiarities of the system. We basically just do what the customer requests. Although we do question why things are done a certain way, but at the end of the day, there's a lot of complexity and convoluted processes that slip by our comprehension. So, after a lot of tai-chi-ing, my ex-team lead was commandeered from another project to do the presentation (I also played dumb and did tai-chi-ing of my own XD). Although I managed avoid the main part, I could not escape giving technical training to some of the system administrators, but that was fine by me. Everything went quite well. I was amazed that my ex-team lead could still remember the details of the system having left for so long. The venue was at Chow Kit, so my GM brought us for lunch at Super Kitchen Pan Mee. Was supposed to eat at the more famous Kin Kin, but there were no available tables. But I guess it was better as Super Kitchen had air-conditioning. To me, the spicy pan mee there was also quite good , though I can't really remember how Kin Kin tastes like to make a comparison (I think Kin Kin's poached egg was better). It had been years since DanielH brought me there after our Serendah trip. The whole activity ended some time mid-afternoon and I was really not sure whether to continue working or just go home. Doesn't take a genius to guess that I chose the latter. Walked to Sultan Ismail LRT station from Chow Kit using one of the unique pedestrian bridges along the way-- an arch that curves across the road. On the train-ride home, managed to catch a sleepy twink. Not really cute, but I was just jealous of his arms. Thin, but his biceps and triceps were obviously developing. I want sexy arms! I want KH to have sexy arms too. XD. Emmm... thinking of the German artistic gymnasts... XD

over the rainbow

Over my heart



Go Germany!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho