Taking The First Step

Paxton and John by themaleimagesf
Paxton and John, swiped from themaleimagesf on Flickr.

Many people have asked me when my LDR will end. Truth be told I have no definite answer, so I just arbitrarily tell them, "2012 kwa...". I can only repeat what KH told me (but he insists that he did not say 2012!). For the first five months of 2012, I never saw any indication of KH's relocation back to Malaysia. And I never said anything to exert pressure (but KH begs to differ!). Just a few 'innocent inquiries' here and there during our conversation. Hehe. But recently, things seem to have shifted into high gear. He had contacted a head hunter and started distributing his resume to potential employers. Even managed to go for two interviews in KL! He has also started moving some stuff back home (knowing what a big hoarder he is, he would most probably need at least six trips). So far, he has not received any offers. But when he does, it will be another three months to serve his notice. To my surprise, he has also started talking to his bosses about his imminent return to Malaysia. Realistically, things might drag out a bit but I'm seriously fine with that. KH is also wondering about our future together. It will take some adjustment to switch off the LDR mode. Won't be quite the same. Five years of not getting regular doses of each other and suddenly we get a relative glut! Even his colleagues have some doubts. They describe him as being 'aloof' and would potentially not give me enough attention. In my opinion, things should be fine. I just have to get used to the idea that my BF will be physically within reach and available for social outings AND sexual escapades. I have confidence in us. For the initial part, we definitely would not be living together as both of us have families in KL. Going our for regular dates would already be a giant step for us. Haha. Ah well, it's still early anyway. Referring to the Chinese idiom, I think out of ten strokes, we already have one in place. Wish us luck!

Comments

soul232 said…
u guys had been in LDR for 5 years!!!??? that is just....wow

think u dont have any need of luck anymore =) I wish u and KH all the best
Leo Nut said…
Wish you all the luck!! And him for his job interviews!! =DD
Derek said…
I like!

Love u dear!
Anonymous said…
At least he finally took the first step. I am so happy for you when reading this blog. Hugs.

Sky Blue
William said…
@Soul232:
Unbelievable right? Thanks.

@LeoNut:
Thanks! Hope he finds a good job soon.

@Derek:
Muacks.

@Sky:
Thanks! Hugs.
Tom said…
Wow, 5 years. Wishing both of you all the best. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho