Overrun!

On the POC D-day, I waited and waited and waited and waited... Thank goodness the client provided tea breaks, lunch breaks and other what-not breaks. My slot was supposed to be at 2:30pm, but it was delayed by three freaking hours till 5:30pm. The idiots before me where so enthusiastic to show off their few items that they forgot the big picture. I had a bloody one hundred and thirty seven to go! By that time, the consultant was pissed and she hissed at me through her braced teeth.

"Please speed things up and make sure that the demo system has a faster response time."

F*ck off. What do you expect when we are using an erratic wireless broadband to VPN back to our HQ?! (you should have let us use the internet line b*tch!) Definitely ain't moving the million ringgit iSeries server all the way there for a deal that most probably won't even materialize. Barely 50% through, the audience was getting restless. They wanted to go for prayers and go home. Ms. Jaws kinda ignored them and declared that she would be buying dinner so that they could continue.

"OK, we discuss this later. But first, what does everyone want for dinner?"

"WE DON'T WANT DINNER. WE'RE GOING HOME."

Better not try my luck, so I just detained them till 7:45pm. The bosses weren't happy that I did not finish my session, but it was no fault of mine. The consultant cornered me again and told me to put it into high gear tomorrow and she once again warned me to make sure that the system's response time would be good. Couldn't care less really. Went off to meet KH and SK at Sheraton Imperial Hotel. So surprised to hear that they stopped there for coffee after KH's interview. Sounded so posh. Haha. Miscommunication of sorts really. They thought my session was at the hotel. I just said Sheraton because I was too lazy to describe the exact location.

KH looked smart dressed in his formal work clothes, hehe. Gave him a big kiss and snuggled next to him in the backseat. Just held onto his biceps and refused to let go. SK drove and drove and drove until we reached Seri Petaling's Sweet Bean, the place it all started. It was so nostalgic that we sat back at the same table, but it was good enough. After that stressful session at work, I was famished. Downed a bowl of porridge and some tong sui. Later on, we were joined by JJ and yes, KH's ex again! Do you see a pattern? Well, I didn't sulk la. Too tired. :P. To be fair, Bunny was supposed to come, but his anti-socialness got the better of him. Fortunately, Kenji and JJ had a common topic-- computer games. Not bad for a first conversation. :). My battery had run out, so SK and I left early again... I miss my baby!

Comments

soul232 said…
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....i like the part where u snuggled him..make me jelly d..hahaha XD

pray that he will get a job soon and settled down close to u =)
Robinn T said…
ah conners and insulters make good consultants.

wow, Ex have been dropping by a lot lately. but if it ain't awkward, by all means.
William said…
@Soul232:
If someone snuggled you, what would happen to you... :P

@Tempus:
Haha. The ex is in town for internship. It's OK really.
J said…
The ex? YIKES!!!
Ash Godiva said…
ughhh...why did the ex menyibuk like that...he don't have anyone else to meet meh?

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho