Lau Weds

Rose by williamnyk
Rose, swiped from williamnyk on Flickr.

SK's good friend from UKM, Laura, got married some Saturdays back. I blogged about her during Hari Raya. I doubt any of you remember, even I don't remember the pseudonym I gave her. Being a Saturday, I was at the wet market again. Did the usual, went home, showered. At about 1:30pm, SK fetched mum and I. Tagging along was Magus and CK. Magus was also part of their gang in Bangi. Being the good friend from East Malaysia, Magus' attendance was mandatory. On pain of death, that kinda thing. I kinda expected that he would be wearing a baju melayu. On our way there, we were head to head with the bridal Mercedes! The perks of having a husband from a well-to-do family. Our arrival at Dewan Seri Seroja conincided with that of the bride and groom. They both emerged in matching pale yellow outfits. Laura was dressed like a princess. As the couple took their place on stage, we proceeded to the buffet line. LOL. The typical Malay wedding spread-- ayam maasak merah, acar, rendang daging, acar. Been more than a decade since I attended a Malay wedding. The food didn't wow me. The bersanding ceremony started with prayers, followed by blessings from the couple's elders and even bosses! One by one, the people would file up and sprinkle rose water on their cushioned hands. The bride's brother gave a speech, the cake was cut and some relatives gave a KTV performance. Normal stuff. :S.

Seri Seroja

The whole immediate family then took their seats at the long table in front of the stage to eat. Such pressure having to eat while facing all the guests. One wrong move and ... LOL. Later on, we visited her at the table, chatted a bit and took some photos. Her hubby was quite pleasant looking, but his build's kinda small. Before leaving, we had another round of photos and the bride's parents started hassling SK about HER wedding (can't blame them as they're ecstatic having finally married off their only daughter). I liked her answer, "KALAU saya kahwin, pasti akan jemput" (if I ever get married, I will surely invite you). The door gift was glass bowl filled with impotent potpourri. Managed to catch up a bit with Magus during the car ride. Hadn't met up with him ever since his accident. Went home and rested a while before going for a swim again.

Kids

Comments

JokerPJ said…
oh~ I read the whole post... yada yada yada~ then I saw the word SWIM! Where you swim? hawt hawt!!! lolll
William said…
I swim in Kinrara :)
Twilight Man said…
Magus? A once blogger went MIA?

I always wish to attend those lavish Malay weddings in 5 Star venues, better food, cakes and even singing divas! Alas, never been invited yet. Lol...
William said…
@Twi:
Yes, MIA jor. Perhaps when Siti weds again. :D

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho