FlyFM on Names

What's your name girl? by cheyenneolivier
What's your name girl?, swiped from cheyenneolivier on Flickr.

How did you get your name?

Ning Baizura tweeted that she got her name from the word "Kuning" cause she had jaundice as a baby. :D

Reshmonu named his son Maurice because he was conceived in Mauritius. This prompted FlyFM's Laila to say that if she followed that example, it would be Putrajaya and Cherating for her kids. :P

Another listener SMS-ed in and said that her brother was named Aferi because her dad took the ferry to Penang Island for work every day. :S

Do you have a name with an interesting story behind it?

Comments

Dean said…
My dad introduce a syntax to our (siblings) names. For boys, all use same particular prefix and for girl, there's suffix for her. (yeah, my dad is too perfectionist and systematic)
Still I got another calling name which is completely different and been questioned by many people that know bout it. (since my mom want to give me a different name actually)
However, my nickName origined from English-ized arabic name.
And yeah, I got different PLU name LOL
William said…
@Dean:
Sounds like some Chinese who use a lineage book to determine the names of their children. Which name? Tell me on What's App lo. :P

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho