Reconnecting

yellow rope with knot by limonada
yellow rope with knot, swiped from limonada on Flickr.

For two days I was sent off for training at Centerpoint, Bandar Utama. The topic was Microsoft's colud computing technology, Azure. Basically hands-on tutorials and a whole lot of marketing talk. Very hyped. Plenty of freebies. Turned into a bloody game show. And food was provided-- breakfast, lunch and tea. Not bad huh? On the last day, I arranged a meet-up with Pluboy since I was so near his workplace. We met up at Starbucks and he was nice enough to buy me a black tea latte. According to him, we had not met for three years. Didn't seem like that long to me. Kinda about the time when he and Jase went separate ways. To me, he still looked pretty much the same. Talked about everything under the sun. Practically a clarification session for most of the major items I read on his FB wall. It was to keep a conversation going for three hours when one has not met for more than a thousand days. LOL. Not breaking a stride in my long-lost reunion series, on Saturday afternoon I made a lunch date with Kenzon, a di of mine. The story's kind of similar too. Not met him since he broke up with Rich two years ago. It's so true that sometimes people act as linkages. And when that linkage is broken, we lose touch. The gathering was supposed to be with Nicky and Nick too, but Nicky FFK due to his assignment. Lunch was at Restoran Soon Heng opposite IOI Boulevard, but we had it separately because that di of mine came forty minutes late. After he had finished his lunch, we walked over to Chatime for more cosier surroundings. Although the air-conditioning was welcome, the interior wasn't really for chatting. A decibel nightmare. A whole lotta whirring and blending. We didn't talk a whole lot really but that's normal for his character. Any more dusty ties that I should refresh?

Comments

J said…
Dang!!! That reminds me, I've been procrastinating about this long enough! Need to dust some of my friendship ties too... Anyway, 3 years is a long time for you to not have noticed... Or probably you were just having fun... =P
Jaded Jeremy said…
You were so close to Ban's place and didn't even meet us ar. Tsk tsk tsk.
William said…
@Hdaran:
Time really flies... and we pursue our own goals...

@JJ:
Maaf ya... but you know me la. I always choose the path of less hassle. Since he was already there I did not think to complicate things. Just a simple meet up.
William said…
@Medie:
Sikit jer... I don't do this all that often.
Gratitude said…
What about that one with a blue swim cap, or was it blue trunks?
+ant+
William said…
@Grat:
It's been ages since I bumped into a cute guy at the pool...
Anonymous said…
I saw pluboy @ Centerpoint foodcourt too during lunch time once when I had training there, most probably the same training center that you went. I noticed that most of the lala and twinks were whispering among themselves and pointing him out. Gosh he is famous.
William said…
@Anon:
Wah.... luckily that did not happen during my coffee time with him. :P

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho