Brown is the New Black

Mee Jawa by williamnyk
Mee Jawa, swiped from williamnyk on Flickr.

With three days of annual leave to clear, I took a day off to get my hair cut and dyed at A-Saloon, IOI Mall. Not my usual place really. Decided to try it since they had a cool deal on Groupon. Just MYR78 for cut, dye, wash and blow (you get to choose from a few cute stylists :P). Woke up quite early that day to have breakfast with Cyan and my sis at a nearby coffeeshop. Had mee jawa, a famous dish that the Javanese never knew they had. LOL. Not bad la, but a little too basic. Even simpler than mee rebus. Knowing that we would have to spend hours at the saloon, we had lunch at home first. Mum prepeared sweet potato porridge with a side dish of stewed mini sharks with leek. Super sweet! IOI Mall was quite crowded that day. Looked just like a weekend. Never thought their business was so bustling even on weekdays. The saloon looked spanking new and spacious. The senior stylist gave a brief consultation on hair style and colour. The conclusion was that I should leave my hair longish, especially at the sides and back. Her keen eyes managed to deduce that my hair tend to become unruly if cut too short at those areas. Ended up with a shade of brown. Not so in-your-face that it would cause eyebrows to be raised, but obvious enough that I paid good money to do something to my hair. LOL. The whole process took about three hours inclusive of scalp treatment (an add on in case the chemicals wreak havoc on my scalp). Hardly felt the time pass as each customer had a desktop to use for surfing the internet. And I also kept myself busy ogling at one cute and tall stylist that was attending to SK. There was also a "little white face" who was waiting for his friend. Very fair and looked gay. Beside SK was also a young, rich tai-tai who was dyeing her hair.

"I like red. Everything also must red le..."

Orchestrate Christmas

Faces at the Saloon

I'm sure her husband likes her red G-string a lot. She kept her three year old toddler busy by buying her a manicure and pedicure. Goodness. I doubt the kid had any cuticles to remove. Before heading home, we had a quick snack plate at KFC and did some minor shopping at Daiso. Back at SK's apartment, she cooked up a plate of marmite pork ribs for dinner at my place. Before dinner, we made tang yuan. Cyan helped out. The kid got a bit lazy after several rounds and and at the end of it, I found several strays on the floor. Ish. Post-dinner, after everyone had left, mum and I started stripping the paint off the front door grill. It was bloody hard work. Some of it peeled off with ease, the rest of it needed heavy duty scraping. We only did a quarter at the are with the most rust. By the time we sandpapered it and painted on the base coat, it was already past 11:00pm! Pooped! Quickly showered and went to bed. But I discovered that paint fumes seem to be aphrodisiac, so there was some fun before calling it a night... zzz. The very next day, Cyan looked at me funny. Think he noticed the change in my hair colour. He picked up a paint catalogue, pointed at one of the brown squares with his pencil then tapped my head. Then he said:

"See, now kau fu's hair also brown colour liao..."

Hahaha. Smart kid.

Round Reunion

Comments

J said…
Mani and pedi for a three year old???
Gratitude said…
Always have an excuse to self-gratify! tsk tsk
+Ant+
thompsonboy said…
RM78 is hardly a bargain..my beautiful mane cost me way less
Leo Nut said…
IOI mall you say?.. I shall go look for that guy.. haha. I want to dye my hair too!
William said…
@Hdaran:
Hebat kan?

@Grat:
Normally no need excuse also. :P

@TBoy:
How much do you pay for colour and cut?

@Kaylex:
Hahahaha. He's a junior though.
Jaded Jeremy said…
The second guy looks kinda cute (pix a lil blur to be conclusive).
savante said…
Yeah, second fellow looks like a possible cutie!
Kenny Mah said…
Hairstylist eye candy. The very best kind. Yay. ;)

And it's almost time. Have yourself a bigger, better, brilliant-er 2012, bro! Happy New Year! :D
Bengbeng said…
I saw you in yr new hairdo. It looks good on you. Like you said it is not obvious but somehow enhances you. Happy new year 2012
William said…
@JJ:
Very fair, kinda like Vin.

@Savante:
I am quite surprised that you commented on this.

@KennyM:
HPNYR to you too!

@Beng2:
Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho