The All Pork Banquet

Pork, Prawns, Fish by williamnyk
Pork, Prawns, Fish, swiped from williamnyk on Flickr.
Sunday was the usual routine with the exception that I dropped mum at a friend's place to help with cooking. On the other hand, I headed to the hardware store to get some padlocks for my apartment. When I got home, I barely rested for five minutes before heading out to SK's place. Went there to bum off her UNIFI to download "Orcs Must Die" from Steam. As a Thanksgiving gift, my brother gifted me that together with "The Witcher: Enhanced Edition". Yet to download the latter though. Haven't found the time to game proper. Just spent three minutes looking at the instructions and controls. Also met CK for a while before he headed home after lunch. He was in a dilemma over whether to leave the civil service. Kinda sad that he is naive enough to think that that government will send him for postgraduate studies overseas. Wishful thinking. At about six, we went out to Seri Petaling. By that time, the cooking was complete and we would be just in time for dinner. Hehe. It was a pig banquet that evening. My mum's friend had slaughtered a whole pig and that was translated into several dishes-- radish and pork bones soup, fried pork, stewed pork belly, stewed pork trotters, sweet and sour pork ribs and stewed intestines. I only allowed myself one piece from each plate. :(. Pork aside, there was sweet and sour prawn, deep-fried prawn sandwiches, chili squid, stir-fried clams with rice wine and fried threadfin. As you can see, nearly every dish was on my restricted list, so I mostly just drank the soup. Also made friends with the family dog, Jia Jia. The cute dog loved being petted and having its ears scratched. Didn't bark at all. Very well-mannered. Rubbed its body on my leg like a cat. Very manja. Her owner was a Japanese schoolgirl who has since returned to her home country due to depression. That ends my Sunday report.

Jia Jia

Comments

Nick said…
What!? No Char Siew pork rib??? Hehe...
J said…
PORK AND SEAFOOD!!!! That's a dream dinner come true!!! God forbid that I ever have high cholesterol! Errmm, sorry William...
William said…
@Nick:
Hahahaha...

@Hdaran:
Better watch what you eat. :P. Your comment ended up in my spam folder!

@Ash:
Hahaha. Good thanksgiving offering. :P

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho