Work in Progress

Work in Progress by Kevan
Work in Progress, swiped from Kevan on Flickr.

"Everything that can go wrong, will go wrong" -- Sounds cynical? Pessimistic? Unfortunately it's kinda true. Renovations have started on my apartment and the problems had been many. Luckily I had SK to help me out! She's a life saver! First of all, the wiring in my living room was shot! The renovator wanted to charge me for fixing it, but SK talked him out of it. Amazing. She had introduced was too many customers to him to be easily ignored. Haha. Then three out of five of the Panasonic ceiling fans that were installed did not work. Have to wait for the Panasonic technician to visit. Ugh. There was some issue regarding the lights in the rooms. Seems that putting them on the ceiling would cast shadows as the fan spun due to the close proximity. So they put it on the walls instead. In addition to that, two of the three down lights had faulty bulbs. Ack. And now I have to replace the front door's knob. I tried to enter the premises the other day and my original key couldn't open the door. Goodness. Better change it before the door gets jammed. Hope there will be no more surprises!

Update: The idiot renovator actually wrongly installed the fans and got an earful from the technician. As for the door knob, I quickly had it replaced. And SK replaced the bulbs for me. By this week, the grill should be up!

Comments

Leo Nut said…
Happy house warming!~ haha!
mel said…
Always keep spare cash when renovating, at least 5K for surprises and unexpected incidents.
Gratitude said…
The best time is when all is finished and you sit on the sofa with a sigh of relief (and hopefully with a glass of bubbly).
+Ant+
Jaded Jeremy said…
*shudder* It's scary. My ex-colleague had to go to the police to end the dispute with the contractor and get the latter to fix some things.

Hope yours will go smoothly from now onward lah. Can't wait to see your place :)
William said…
@Mel:
Should be OK, since I'm doing the minimum required.

@Grat:
I will only celebrate once I receive the first rental payment. Haha.

@JJ:
This contractor has a good track record. He was the contractor for SK and 3 of her friends.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho