Skulking at the Warehouse

Lavazza by williamnyk
Lavazza, swiped from williamnyk on Flickr.

Lifebook gave us a heads up that Bata was having a warehouse sale at Viva Home, so we fired up the GPS and headed there in the morning. Believe it or not, Bata put up a giant billboard on the pedestrian bridge across Jalan Loke Yew just to promote the event. Everything was priced at MYR5 and MYR10. The shoes were new and all sizes were available. Never seen a more sincere and genuine warehouse sale in my life. Mum and SK bought more than ten pairs in total. Truly cheap. Even saw an imitation of the Betula that I was wearing. Ish. For lunch, we walked in Lavazza Cafe. The decor was quite unique with retro floral chairs at one end and Mad Hatter high-backed style in another. I ordered the Hawaiian-style pasta (imagine a carbonara with coconut milk) with roasted chicken and SK ordered the beef burger. The burger patty was impressive. I liked the taste and the texture. Left soon after lunch and headed on home. However, I took a wrong turn and headed towards MINES instead. Since I made that wrong turn, we visited another warehouse sale instead-- Ms. Read. I stopped the car at the MINES 2 car park to let little Cyan sleep, while mum went to shop for clothes from her favourite brand. Letting SK's granny watch the kid a while, I went down to the mall to pee and look around. Primarily dominated by telco shops and kiosks. Spied one guy who looked a bit like Wilbur Pan. Did not manage a point blank shot of his face. Sigh. Other than that, it was very empty. A lala KTV contest was also going on. After about one hour, SK gave me the green light to go pick them up. According to her, the shop was full of people and even the lack of changing rooms did not stop the women from taking off their clothes to try the items on! That concludes my whole day of warehouse sales... :S

Comments

Gratitude said…
Somehow, it doesn't seem like you made the wrong turn! :P
+Ant+
William said…
@Grat:
The God of Shopping works in mysterious ways.
Twilight Man said…
Silly Lifebook informed me when the warehouse sale was over! I guess he treats you better! Haiks!
William said…
@Twi:
Opps. Maybe he felt that you don't like Bata!

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho