Reno

renovation by Luciphoto
renovation, swiped from Luciphoto on Flickr.

On Friday night, horniness took the better of me and I kinda skanked past my bedtime. As a result, I only woke up at 8:45am, too late for the usual marketing. Fortunately, mum does buy groceries during weekdays so it wasn't critical to go to the OUG wet market. With Cyan in tow, we just went out for breakfast at Seri Petaling wet market. Ate a hearty bowl of fish paste noodles. The stalls were still open, so we went around a bit. Mum just bought fruits because the stalls there sold stuff at a more expensive price. At 1:00pm, I went to SK's apartment to meet the renovator. Needed to discuss the scope of work and iron out the details. Basically, I would be doing the following:

  1. Install grill
  2. Install air conditioner at the living room (35' of tubing)
  3. Install fan and lights
  4. Wiring for fan and light switches and extra power sockets
  5. Plaster ceiling for walkway to cover ugly air conditioner tubing
  6. Put up curtain rods

Total damage is MYR4,200 after SK haggled with him. The grill already took nearly 50% of the cost. :S. I think it shouldn't take long to complete seeing that all the works have no dependency on each other. Went to pay the renovation deposit at the management office and met the Queen of the JMB. She was quite nice and even belanja us makan karipap. Still need to iron out my maintenance fee statement though. They screwed it up! The next step would be for me to engage a real estate agent to canvas for some tenants. Horror stories abound, hopefully I can find a good agent who will eventually land me a good tenant! Time to get some rental income and reduce the burden of servicing the loan. With the apartment being partially-furnished and air-conditioning, hopefully I can fetch a slightly better price. Wish me luck!

Comments

J said…
Good luck!!! I wonder how OUG market looks like in the day...
Anonymous said…
What is skank?
Anonymous said…
Anon - skank is wanking, or jerking off, or masturbating, or onani, or tfk, or cumming, or, heck anything that means sexually pleasing yourself.

- the sex dictionary
Jaded Jeremy said…
Good luck! Do you have a list of potential real estate agent to consider? My parents engaged one recently to sell our house but yet to see how good he is.
William said…
@Hdaran:
Go marketing there one day. :)

@Anon1:
Hehe. I have a whole label dedicated to it

@Anon2:
Thanks for the accurate explanation!

@JJ:
Erm, will just take a chance.
Medie007 said…
wah... being a landlord is not cheap...
William said…
@Medie:
Need to spend some to gain some

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho