Landlord in the Making

Lab 101 by williamnyk
Lab 101, swiped from williamnyk on Flickr.

Deviating from the norm, I did not go marketing last Saturday as mum had a breakfast gathering with her friends. I slept in instead and followed SK to work at about 9:00am. She had a job order to produce six facial care products, so she offered me to tag along and see how it was done. before starting work, we had breakfast at Damansara Uptown. Restoran Bintang served up quite a decent plate of Hakka noodles. In just under two hours she whipped up a batch of the products with some leftovers to spare for our own use. Breezed through the whole process while briefly explaining what she was dosing into the beaker. There was a reason for each ingredient and for everything she did there was a trick to balance things out. After dumping everything in ala Chef Wan while making his rendang (everything was agak-agak), she would run the homogenizer. As the assistant, I would be fetching her glassware, filling water and cleaning up. Quite interesting to see. Demystified, it's really just like masak-masak. Before heading home, SK stopped for chu cheong fun at Taman United cause she was already hungry. Shared the plate and drank a bowl of white kidney bean with egg drop tong sui. Lunch proper was lui cha that my mum had packed from Ampang. Quite good, but the condiments were quite oily and the soup lacked oomph. Not enough mint and sweet basil I suspect. For MYR5, the portion was extra large.

Chu Cheong Fun

A couple of hours later, SK fetched me out to buy lights for my apartment. Earlier on, I had already purchased the ceiling fans. I'm just getting the basics to make my apartment rent-ready. Had been nearly a year since I got vacant possession. Since I won't be moving in, might as well generate some income from it. Although I knew what lights I wanted, it still took me two hours to settle the transaction. All the checking and waiting. The shop is perpetually full of customers! At least in the meantime, I distracted myself with a couple of twinks working there. One revealed quite a treasure trail when he raised him arm to turn on the lights. Was so sad to discover that the light shop sold ceiling fans at a lower price. Damn. Temporarily dumped all the stuff at SK's apartment while waiting for the grill to be installed at my place. Still have to meet the contractor too. As expected, prices have all went up. T.T. Later that night, mum went out for a function at Thean Hou Temple, so it was my job to bring little Cyan out for dinner. He bawled when my mother left the house. Had to drag him in and later dump him in the car. Met up with his parents at Restoran BB Seafood, Kuchai Lama. The initial plan was to eat at Restoran TKS, but that shop closed down. Ate a little bit too much-- marmite chicken (quite well done), stir-fried kale, hot plate bean curd, steamed egg (Cyan commandeered the whole plate) and steamed tilapia.

Look Up

Work In Progress

For dessert, we went to Hong Kong Dessert at Entrepreneurs Park cause SK's granny loves the almond paste there. I ordered the Red Bean Cake with Coconut Water. Creamy, but a tad too sweet for me. Cyan shared a bowl of Durian and Purple Glutinous Rice with his mum. Surpisingly, the tyke liked it. In my opinion, a nice place for dessert, but the parking situation is horrible. Be prepared to double or triple park. I honked my horn for five minutes before the driver who blocked my car turned up. Lepas tu balik rumah lo...

Hong Kong Dessert

Comments

Twilight Man said…
So big bottle of Tongkat Ali??? You will have boner till 90 years old.
William said…
Twi:
KKM's permitted dosage is VERY low. Haha. Anyway, we did not use that for skin care!
Rae P said…
3 yummy things made me drool:

1. chu cheong fun
2. twinks
3. twinks with treasure trail *omnomnom*
William said…
@RaeP:
So you would like a treasure trail that points to a twink's chu cheong fun? XD
Derek said…
Finally getting the house to be habitable! LOL
William said…
@Derek:
You sure you don't want to rent it? XD

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho