Art Lovers

Art Expo Malaysia 2011 I by williamnyk
Art Expo Malaysia 2011 I, swiped from williamnyk on Flickr.

Received a notification from SK that POD was in town on Thursday to attend Art Expo Malaysia 2011 at the MATRADE Building near Jalan Duta. He had VIP tickets so he asked us to tag along to the event. It was the official launching before it was open to the public, so we got the chance to rub shoulders with the who's who of the art scene. Sad right? That sentence actually fails to impress even myself because I don't even who is who in the art scene. LOL. The royal patrons was the royalty from Perlis and when the VIPs arrived, I did not recognize any of them. We thought they would be checking tickets, but apparently not. Just waltzed right in. By the time we arrived, POD had just came in by taxi from LCCT. Collected the one inch thick guide book from the information counter and proceeded to browse the art. Although the guide book listed a whole list of participating countries, I felt that the bulk of the booths were from Singapore, Malaysia and China. POD introduced us to several of his clients. Roving, my eyes caught sight of several upper class gay lous with preppy clothing and high hair. Most of the other visitors also looked rich and cultured, except when they were busy trying to snap photographs of all the art. Filled our tummies with some sandwiches, fruit tarts and red wine. Didn't take us long to cover all the ground. Gave our muah muah and left the venue.

Art Expo Malaysia 2011 II

Comments

J said…
Sigh these are the times I miss being in KL...
Twilight Man said…
You don't seem to like the art scene. I would have enjoyed it instead. Someday I should paint nude models and exhibit. Any volunteers?
William said…
@Hdaran:
Where are you?

@Twi:
I don't really know how to appreciate. Male or female nudes?

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho