Afternoon Tea

Afternoon Tea by williamnyk
Afternoon Tea, swiped from williamnyk on Flickr.

Grat asked me out for afternoon tea on Saturday (so ngam it was a Guan Yin feast day) at The Gardens Mall and just so happened Finnegan was in town again so I requested them to combine the meet. Luckily both of 'em were obliging (but I think they did not have a choice). Sorry to say I was late for half an hour that day, so by the time I arrived at Pastis, I saw Grat sipping Lavazzo coffee at one table and Finnegan just beside him reading a book. I should have described Finnegan to Grat so that perhaps they could have kept each other occupied before my arrival. According to Grat, he saw Finnegan earlier, wondering why an ang moh was pacing up and down. LOL. without wasting any time, I asked Finnegan to move over to our table and introduced him to Grat and SK. At the start of the conversation, we paid our full attention to the guest but as time went we couldn't help ourselves but to bith about local issues and at times lapse into Cantonese. Having lived in HK for a time, I suspect that Finnegan can understand bits and pieces of our banter. :P. Both Grat and Finnegan ordered pasta while SK and I shared the afternoon tea set. Our small table was almost overwhelmed by all the crockery and cutlery. Slowly nibbled on the sandwiches, mini quiches, cakes and desserts that were found on the tiered trays. By the time we had finished gossiping, I had gone through three pots vanilla sencha. Feeling a need to stretch our legs, we did a bit of walking around the mall. Not long after that, we said our goodbyes. Perhaps next time we can bring Finnegan to try some local foods rather than stick to mall or restaurant food.

Before I forget, here's a low down of the birthday presents I got so far:

  1. Received a pair of black Calvin Klein briefs from ChatMate in the mail. From their Steel range. Cool microfiber. Great to the touch. Thanks!
  2. In Melaka, mum gave me a red packet. Thanks mum!
  3. Back in KL, SK's grandma also gave me a red packet! Thanks ah po!
  4. JJ and Bunny bought me dinner at The Pork Place. Thanks guys!
  5. A colleague of mine bought me a cup of crème brûlée cappucino from CBTL. TQ!
  6. And last but not least, another book from Finnegan-- "Week-end Wodehouse". Thanks! Remember that I owe you two book reports! :S

Comments

Anonymous said…
don't wanna sound busy body, but don't u ever worry that when you have gatherings with fellow plu at big malls that you might bump into your colleagues or old friends that you just don't want them to know about your sexuality, but somehow they would figure it because of the obvious group you're with? do not regard this as offensive, i am just curious cuz i know i would be worried if it was me. that's why i hardly go out. sigh...
Danny said…
afternoon tea.. so the vogiu :)

btw, when is ur birthday ? :)
William said…
@Anon:
Don't worry too much about these things! Most breeders have bad gaydar. Are your friends so flamboyant? Live life! No offense taken. :)

@Danny:
Haha. Glad that you approve. My birthday is on the 9th of October.
Cheryl said…
my ang pow and the gift from kawan?
William said…
@Cheryl:
Your gift had been blogged about during my Melaka post and I will post about kawan's gift in my future CocoTei post. :)
Ash Godiva said…
Afternoon tea...tak sia-sia i panggil you William taitaiXD
William said…
@Ash:
Still a long way to go...
William said…
@Grat:
As long as its not a Guan Yin feast day :P

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho