A Stitch In Time

fancy hem stitch by miriam.klaassen
fancy hem stitch, swiped from miriam.klaassen on Flickr.

My mother is a very panicky woman. The smallest of things can set her on edge. Looking for an entry in the phone book can make her tense and snap at you. So, the other day, while my mum was driving Cyan home from pre-school the other day, he created a scene. The kid screamed that he needed to pee pee. My mother being my mother, got all flustered and stopped by the side of the road. As she got out of the car and slammed the door, she actually flattened her index finger. OUCH! Did you feel your balls shrink after reading that? The skin at the top and bottom of her finger actually split open. She got four stitches at the nearby clinic. Quite an episode huh? She got her stitches removed today. Just the other day she was telling me that the doctor asked her not to move her finger so much. But my mum being my mum, she went on a cleaning spree, cleaning stuff that hardly get any attention during other times. I can only smile.

Comments

J said…
Hahaha!!! My grandmother went through something similar... Had to take her to the clinic! My goodness, she started talking about her labour not being as painful as her finger being as painful!!!
Danny said…
hope that everything is ok now..
they'll just have to work la.. cannot rest for a while..
like my mom, always feel sick when she have to stay home...lol ;p
Twilight Man said…
What a tough iron lady! I thought her iron fingers won't break.
Vincent~ said…
there's one time where a car ran over my hands. i am quite amazed that i din have any lasting injuries. Ur mom too pro la.haha
William said…
@Hdaran:
Worse than labour pain? She must have had a very smooth child delivery.

@Danny:
Yeah, just can't sit still.

@Medie:
Haha. Yeah.

@Twi:
We're all vulnerable.

@Vince:
What were you doing under the car?

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho