Raya Kedua: Fur & Furniture

Minions by noticiana
Minions, swiped from noticiana on Flickr.

Breakfast was leftover ketupat and rendang. And as I opened the front door in the morning, I found two tenacious kittens outside dashing for the door. I immediately shoo-ed them! Had to close the door. Guess they were hungry seeing that all their usual benefactors were away for the long holidays. Fed them some bread. Was quite surprised to find that the kittens were quite blur. Had to practically lead them to the food. Later, SK fetched us to IKEA. So much parking available. Such a rare occurance. Mum and SK did most of the shopping, I just went with the flow. I was never very aroused by IKEA. Some steals due to old stock clearance. Put everything in the car and we continued shopping at IPC (it had been so long that I did not know that Ikano was rebranded) and The Curve. Did more shopping at Daiso and Metrojaya after lunch at Pho Hoa. Truth be told, that bowl of beef noodles was quite expensive, but it was really healthy. Could not detect a single drop of oil in the soup. Downed it with a generous heap of sweet basil. At The Curve, SK bumped into an old friend from university. Her father thought I was still in secondary school. Syioknya.... So elated. They invited us to a open house the next day. :P. Coincidentally, also ran into my younger BIL. He was out bringing his future in-laws around. Did a bit more of shopping at Burt's Bees before leaving for home. Back home, mum immediately cooked up a storm in the kitchen. I on the other hand watched "Despicable Me". Quite funny, especially with the comic relief minions. For dinner, we had kot choi soup with pig tail, fried egg with leek tips, steamed fish and stir-fried vegetables. I was surprised by the amount of rice that SK's granny can down! Thought about some alcohol after dinner. Did some research of Bacardi Black and found some very disappointing reviews. Seems that it's only good as coctail base. Will have to stock up on some mixers before giving it a try.

Comments

Twilight Man said…
I would prefer Daiso than IKEA!
The 2 kittens have fasted for 1 month?
Derek said…
My colleague loves the minions in Despicable me. Got a soft toy and it's on the iphone wallpaper.
William said…
@Twi:
I did go to DAISO.

@Derek:
Yeah lo, quite cute le. ^_^
J said…
The minions in Despicable Me epitomise what minions represent... Yeah, so you're planning to get drunk!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho