Mooned

Jicama by williamnyk
Jicama, swiped from williamnyk on Flickr.

Sis organized a Mid-Autumn Festival party at my place on Sunday night. A small affair with two of my sister's best friends from Kuantan, their kids, Mel and SK. Mel had actually arrived earlier to have a talk with me. It had been ages since we met up for a bitchin' session. Haha. For several times I had to cancel due to scheduling clashes. Sorry dear! But the best part was she brought her baby Cameron along. He's a splitting image of his mother. Cute with anime-like eyes. And such a restless little worm! Wriggling here and there non-stop! Quite impossible to sit still. Seems that motherhood really agrees with Mel. Later in the evening, I fetched them to SK's apartment. They had their girl talk while I went swimming downstairs. The whole pool was filled with dried bamboo leaves... it's so not a good idea to plant Japanese bamboo near the pool. On the way back to my place, we stopped by the neighbourhood Chinese medicine hall to do some milk formula shopping. Milk is not cheap! Few hundred gone in the blink of an eye.

Swim S'more

The party was quite chaotic with three toddlers and a baby. Quite a challenge to sit down quietly to enjoy the curry noodles (with chicken, long beans, eggplant, fu chuk, dried tofu, fishballs and prawns), fried noodels and popiah. It's always fun wrapping your own popiah. Mum prepared stir-fried jicama, scrambled eggs, dried shrimp, bean sprouts, salad, french beans and carrot. SK also brought over the can of goose liver pate compliments of Grat and a baguette. And what's a party without alcohol? Poured a can of fruit cocktail into a pot, some ice cream soda, Bacardi Black and Bombay Sapphire. Mel and SK kept urging me to pour more liqour into the mix. One of the mums nearly poured it for her daughter to drink. Haha. Brownie with vanilla ice cream, jelly, fish crackers and pineapple were the finale. And of course there were the traditional items-- mooncakes, caltrops and mini yams. Cameron preferred the big boy foods rather than the milk and porridge that his mum fed him. Later on, the kids went out to play with the lanterns. I on the other hand lounged on the sofa with drink in hand and patted little Cameron to sleep. It was time for me to sleep too!

Curry Noodles

Mid-Autumn Munchies

P.S.: Mel, your bottle of Merlot is still in the fridge awaiting a future wine and chocolate session. Hehe.

Comments

mel said…
Haha.. ok keep it for me when i come back from penang!.SK, me and you can polish it.
Nick said…
The food looks delicious!
William said…
@Mel:
Haha. I'll stock up on the snacks.

@Nick:
It was. :). Home-cooked goodness.
William said…
@TBoy:
You talking about the swimtrunks?
Blinded by Blue said…
Stopped reading after seeing, supposedly, your blue trunks.

Can't stop yearning to see you in those trunks, and my mind and its eye can no longer think nor see anything else.

Now I have to go surf hotgoo!

Damn those blue trunks!
William said…
@blinded:
Lol. I inadvertently put a speed bump in my post. Yeah, that was one of my swimtrunks. So, did HotGoo help?
Twilight Man said…
I love your trunks! Can borrow?
William said…
@Twi:
Haha. I can tell you where to buy them. I only share trunks with KH. ;)
Derek said…
Yeah, I was wondering why the trunks appear in the pics ...

Wanna play lantern with you dear ...
William said…
@Derek:
Hi dear. Not seen you here for some time. Does play "play lantern" have another meaning? ;)
J said…
Popiah!!!! ME LIKE!!!!!!!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho