One Way Street

"I studied Malay literature and Islamic History in Form Six and went on to enrol in the Malay Letters Department of Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia where Islamic Civilisation was a compulsory subject. Some non-Muslim students grumbled about this requirement, citing subtle conversion, but I took it in stride and felt proud as I got to understand and appreciate Islam better. I didn’t convert."

An excerpt taken from Wong Chun Wai's "On The Beat" column in The Star. Yes, he wasn't converted, but the crux of the matter lies in the fact that the inverse cannot be implemented for the fear of conversion! Try asking them to take it in stride. Hahahaha.

Comments

Twilight Man said…
I knew this hypocrite senior since I was 7 years old. Till today, only his name could send tables and chairs flying in unison. LOL. I am not kidding!
Anonymous said…
JAIS and their paranoia...haiz.
Gratitude said…
It gets messy when everybody tries to play God
+Ant+
shane said…
hmmm so true. the fear!
William said…
@Twi:
Wow. Apa cerita?

@Anon:
The story is still 'unfolding'

@Grat:
Is UMNO God?

@Shane:
Think it should be more liberal in Indonesia.

@Alex:
We so rarely agree. :P

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho