回家

Comming home by joningic
Comming home, swiped from joningic on Flickr.
Recently, JJ told me that he had a job offering for KH in Kuala Lumpur. He called KH and explained that his friend was looking for someone to help out in corporate planning at a certain insurance company. And so, KH started exploring the possibilty and made some inquiries. One night, during our phone conversation, he asked my opinion about it.

KH: Baby, what do you think about the job offer?

Moi: I'm quite surprised that you're interested. Thought you were only coming back next year?

KH: My timeline is flexible one ma...

Moi: Oh, that's news to me. Thought the earliest is 2012.

KH: Nolah. Can be earlier de. So what is your opinion?

Moi: In my mind, I set it to the worst case scenario-- end of 2012. You want to come back, ma come back lo.


The boyfriend wasn't happy with my response. Was I too blunt? Was I wrong for not wanting to say too much about his return plan? I probed him further about it as he felt that I was acting as though I was not excited at the prospect of him returning. We all know that that couldn't be farther from the truth! I just did not want to exert undue pressure on his plans. I did not know that he wanted to take advantage of Malaysia's anti-brain drain offer. By the mid of next year, it would be his sixth year, and he would qualify for the tax perks when he returned. To date, he had done a telephone interview and had an impromptu meet with a rep from the company. Looking at the scope of work, it's not something that's exactly his forte and he doesn't know about salary yet. The feeling I get is that chances seem quite slim. And he needs to concentrate on his coming exams. Must as well get that out of the way. Being qualified would enable him to command more clout in the job market. I was just feigning indifference as to not get my hopes up. But judging from his actions, he is serious about coming home. I am really forward to that day.

Comments

Danny said…
i totally get u .. cos sometimes,
" u want to come back, ma come back lorr " is really what's in our mind.... no other meaning..
Twilight Man said…
Come back lah, come what may! I have seen countless of brilliant plannings but fate went the other way. His heart longs to be back and Grandma welcums him with open arms!
ChatMate said…
Hehe.
U memang str8-fwd de la..
Anonymous said…
whoa, i can understand how KH feels, we just wanna hear u say "of course i hope you to come back baby", haha, but...."u wan come back ma come back lor...." sounds like my mum talking to me on the phone, LMAO
Sexpert said…
If I'm KH I'll react similarly, for you showed reluctance and distance when it ought to have been enthusiasm and embrace for my return after so long a separation.

I would have expected something like,

"Whoa! Its that true? It is beyond my dreams! Come back now if you can! I've been waiting for this all my life!

Come home baby! I wanna hold you tight in my arms! And we ever be together hence, flesh to flesh, lips to lips, arms in arms, night after night, and more, and forever more too!

And we shall never need our hands to do the job ever again!"


So I can't help but become even suspicious about what's going on behind my back.

But alas such are gay relationships.

For instead of the relationship being anew, fresh and exciting each day, a constant discovery of each other, and becoming more one being than two persons in every moment, it instead become stale, tired, quarrelsome, unendurably boring, and more distant - even when physically together and intimate - and others becoming increasingly more attractive, tempting, and even necessary.

But then again, such is the state of straight relationships too.

So then what?

Talk to sexpert for more! :-p
nicky05 said…
not considerate person at all.:PPPP
AWAN said…
Opinions can be deadly if terribly misinterpreted. Communications are hence invented to (sometimes) solve the misunderstanding.
Anonymous said…
i know how KH feels...mine sometimes have that tidak apa response too...

we need a lil more feeling in our weary day to day lives la...be more loving...thats what i always tell my babe...

sigh alas...

-vincent c
William said…
@Danny:
*high five*

@Twi:
Manusia hanya boleh merancang, Allah yang menentukan? :P

@ChatMate:
Not really. Sometimes I can be unwilling to say.

@Orange:
Your mum?

@Sexpert:
It's really not as bad as you think, because this issue is not fresh on the table. Your suggested response is too 'plastic' for me! KH might interpret that as sarcasm on my part. :P. Yes, we are aware of the 'relationship rut', but luckily we don't so tire of each other so easily. :). Thanks for you thorough comment.

@Nicky:
Considerate is not demanding his immediate return. ;)

@Savoir:
I have learned to ask him point blank about his feelings. He likes it that way.

@VincentC:
Don't sigh la. You'll be visiting him soon!
Jaded Jeremy said…
The Msia anti-brain drain offer is useful to KH meh? I thought it's only useful if he's currently paying high tax...something like more than 15% tax rate.

Corporate planning should be good for him in future (assuming he aims at senior managerial rol)e. If not interested, perhaps he could apply for a job in the actuarial dept. They're also looking for people.

Anyway, good luck to him lah.
Derek said…
I know how you feel de, but that did come out wrong ...

You also understand how I feel about this.

Muacks

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho