New Ventures


Phalaenopsis
Swiped from williamnyk.
Typical marketing on Saturday with the only variation being that I had to pick up a flower arrangement from my friend at LRT Seri Petaling. Ordered it about a month ago for the opening of SK's new company. Nearly forgot if not for the SMS reminder I received the night before. It was beautiful white Phalaenopsis orchids potted in a glass vase. Knowing my friend's artistic talent, he embellished it with an intricate bamboo structure at the base and a mesh ribbon. I like his style. Must be his Ikebana training. Later in the afternoon, mum went out with friends and I stayed at home till dinner time. SK treated me to some Chinese dishes at Mama's Kitchen, Bandar Puteri Puchong. Our original plan was Restoran Drunken Tiger at Jalan Kenari, but after spending 40 minutes looking for it only to find it closed.... we changed plans. It was a real pain getting her Garmin to work. "Awaiting Better Accuracy". "Awaiting Better Accuracy". How useless. For a change, we did not have the claypot loh shu fun that Mama's Kitchen is famous for. Ordered dishes instead. Had stir-fried kale with roasted pork, stir-fried prawns with premium soya sauce (recommended!) and steamed tilapia in ginger sauce (sigh, doesn't anyone chop their garlic instead of blending it anymore?). This branch is much better than the one at TTDI where it's fully-manned by immigrants. Better food quality in Puchong.

After dinner, we made a stop at IOI Mall to look for mum's dustbin at Daiso. Found that all the travelators and escalators weren't in working order. And half of the lights were off. Was thinking, "What a cheapo mall". Couldn't find what were looking for, so we had guai lin gao at Koong Woh Tong. Only upon reaching home did I realize that it was Earth Hour. IOI Mall was trying to conserve electricity. LOL. Oh well. Did I do my part for the Earth? I think not. LOL. Slept very early that night. Even missed KH's regular call. But he understood and was glad that I finally teng wah and got more sleep. Hehe.

Comments

Twilight Man said…
Good job and the flowers look so real!
thompsonboy said…
how dare you? IOI is not a cheapo mall
Skyhawk said…
I dislike to dine in restaurant (esp Chinese) that are manned by immigrants but no choice, locals don't like to be waiter/waitress anymore.
AWAN said…
I like the orchids! They look so uh.. pure. =)
William said…
@Twi:
They are REAL! From Taiwan. :P

@TBoy:
At least the old wing. :P

@SkyH:
Happens at most hawker stalls too.

@Savoir:
LOL. Pure is good!
Twilight Man said…
Oh no wonder so nice! I had seen many stalls selling these blooming orchids in Taipei under the flyovers! Gross!
Gratitude said…
I dun mind them being waiters but not the cooks.
+Ant+
Anonymous said…
Indeed, you are very teng wah ! Good boy always deserve a kiss especially from KH I suppose. :P And speaking of guai lin gao, I would suggest you to try at seksyen 17 hawker stall's guai lin gao. The honey is pure without water dilution unlike koong Woh Tong. I felt Koong Woh Tong's guai lin gao is so plain. When you free to come over PJ? I buy you dinner with guai lin gao as a dessert. : ) Sky blue
William said…
@Twi:
Why gross?

@Grat:
Most of the cooks are now Burmese.

@Sky:
Hehe. Will give you a call when I'm in PJ. Got free food I won't pass one.
kidz said…
ooo, they hav daiso there too? how much they r selling RM5???
J said…
I miss having tea at Cookies and Cakes' lovely garden... The flower arrangement reminds me of him...
Cheryl said…
Really tq dear! I love artistic flowers n u know my choice of flowers n color
William said…
@JJ:
I'm being notti again.

@Hdaran:
Sounds like a tai-tai!

@Cheryl:
More VH's recommendation. LOL.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho