Sunday Hot & Cold


747
Swiped from williamnyk.
Note: Backpost!

T'was a hot Sunday. Would have melted in church if not for the air-conditioning. Was formally inducted into the hospitality ministry. Saw my name hastily scrawled into the roster. Since it was the First Sunday of Lent, did the Stations of the Cross after mass. Took a REALLY late lunch after that at Restoran 747. I thought the crowd would be less at such a time, but I was wrong. The coffee shop was super hot and stuffy. The cup of iced Milo I ordered was finished way before my char siew wantan mee arrived. The problem was exacerbated by the fact that the seller uses very high heat to cook his noodles. Beats me why. And he did a most peculiar thing-- his gas cylinders were put inside plastic tubs and he would periodically pour boiling water into it! Does anyone know the logic behind this?! (other than risk blowing himself up). Wolfed down the food when it finally arrived. Partly due to hunger, but mostly due to the undies-wetting heat. Before heading home, I took a detour to SS17 to eat the cendol at the wet market. Took some random turnings before I finally found the place. Talk about luck. Business was brisk. Mum spied the rojak and we ended up eating again. I would say that the cendol there is excellent for KL standards. My only grouse is how kiam siap the seller is with the shaved ice. The rojak gravy was good, but the squid was not crispy and it lacked cucumber. Whatever the case, I was compensated with a couple of Cendol Cuties.

Cendol

Back home, I napped for about forty minutes, but it wasn't quite quality sleep due to the fact that I had wake up three times to pick up calls from my Sis and nephew. T_T. At about six, went swimming with my Sis and Cyan. Had fun playing "Jaws" with him. Hahahaha. Dinner was at Restoran Taman Equine. Typical choice of steamed tilapia, beancurd and vegetable. Standard fare. The kid was falling asleep halfway through dinner, so we quickly finished up and called it a night.

LPG Safety

Comments

Gratitude said…
cendol cuties Hmmmmmm
+Ant+
J said…
I love char siew wantan mee!!!
shane said…
"cendol cuties" sounds so...weird. hahaha
William said…
@Grat:
Hahaha. Boh ngam ah?

@Hdaran:
:D

@Shane:
If you ate cendol, you could qualify too.
Anonymous said…
My favourite cendol spot. Ahem hem... Why you never ask me out when you were in ss17? I am staying there, indeed very near to the cendol spot. I could be the cendol cuties as well if only I were turned back the time for 10 years ago. : P You have just made my sky "blue"
Danny said…
hmmm.. m craving for a bowl of ice cold cendol now...
kidz said…
The char siew looks so real!!! i really cant understand why this island ony can produced red-powdered meat... oops, forgot to add 'tasteless' be4 the word meat..
TZ said…
seems like everyone wanna to be cendol cuties... ;-p
William said…
@SkyBlue:
You still qualify. Let's have cendol there one day.

@Danny:
*Slurp*

@Kidz:
Haha. That char siew is really good. That's why in SG kena makan yang mahal. :P

@TZ:
You can be one too!
Jaded Jeremy said…
Bad phlegm and yet you drank ice Milo and chendol?

I can believe a William version of Jaws is scary :P
Twilight Man said…
If I ever open a cafe, I swear you will be hired to be my food critic!
William said…
@JJ:
This was before I was sick.

@Twi:
Haha. I'm a tough customer!

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho