MarketWhat(tm): Bad Parenting

Overheard at Taman OUG Wet Market. A mother is with her son at one of the roadside stalls selling toys...

"Faster choose la! What toy you want!"

(The kid was terrifed and keeps mum)

"I don't have all day! I have to go to work you know!?"

"Is it that bubble thing?!"

(The seller brought the toy over for the kid to inspect)

"Nah, bubble ah! You know how to play or not! Not to drink one ah! Know or not!"


Felt like slapping that woman. The whole reason for buying the toy was to make her child happy. And yet... Can you feel the love?

Comments

ToughLove said…
That's very Asian isn't it. I knew no other way when I was growing up.

Either the parent is reluctant to spend or is trying to hide love with anger.
Le Chatelier said…
I guess I would just drag my friend to drama beside her, mirroring every of her harsh words, making her paiseh. Hehe~
J said…
Yes, I do feel the love. Unfortunately her job seems to be the only thing acquiring it...
Derek said…
U also always quickly ask me decide when I shop also!
William said…
@ToughLove:
I think this is worse than most! The poor kid...

@LeChat:
Welcome! Haha. A showdown with the bitch would ensue!

@Hdaran:
I don't think she loves her job either!

@-alex-:
Should be *whack *whack *whack

@Derek:
That's different!
Danny said…
how i wish i can summon those bad parents ..
Gratitude said…
Time to crack the whip on DD! :P
+Ant+
kidz said…
@will@derek

so there is no love for him? (only sex?) =p
William said…
@Danny:
Denda berapa?

@Grat:
Always!

@Kidz:
Of course there is. :)
Skyhawk said…
This is typical Asian parents' behavior, probably...I might be wrong...the don't know how to present the love to their kids...

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho