Banquet Celebrities(tm): Hunk From Another World

A Wedding Lunch (the hunk is watching the waitress mutilate the pomfret)
About a month back, I received an SMS from my laywer, J inviting me to his wedding lunch.

"Eh, wait a minute, didn't I recently hear about his baby's full moon?!"

Modern parents. The sequence is all wrong. Haha. It was held at Grand Imperial, USJ19 City Mall, USJ19 (no surprise here). Such an unimaginative name. But at least it had free parking. Horrible interior. Kinda like Summit USJ. I foresee a zombie-like existence for its tenants. Arrived at noon only to find that only twenty percent of the guests had arrived. Ugh. Took my seat and exchanged pleasantries with a rich-looking woman in her 30s.

"You ever been here?"

"I think it opened not long ago. An abandoned project."

"Yup, abandoned for ten years. It belonged to my uncle."


First clue. Then J came over to talk to us. She shook his hand and we have clue number two.

"J! Congratulations! Sorry, but gotta talk business for a while. You see, I have this client and i put this MYR300,000 bank draft with him..."

Waited and waited. Somehow she started on Gaddafi. We started Wiki-ing about Libya and discussing the issue. Later on, SK arrived and we killed time by shopping for iPhone covers and looking at GPS. At 1:15pm, lunch was served. The food was so-so. I did not eat much at all as I was a bit feverish. Cherry was quite amused at what picky eaters we were. But she couldn't blame us~ The sharks fin soup was too thick and the prawns were practically a mess of decapitated prawns swimming in oil and lemon juice. The fish wasn't fresh and the rice was too soft. Along the way, the other guests at my table started talking about properties, loans and business opportunities. Cherry asked one of the bankers:

"You work for Maybank? What's the interest rate like? I want to finance my MYR993,000 property from LBS."

Ta-dah! Clue number three. Goodness. Was quite boring throughout. Luckily there was one eye candy at my table. Looked like a Jap baseball player or something. Slight creases at the eyes, but that kinda adds to his personality. SK and I were the earliest to leave as she had another appointment in Klang. Congratulations again to J and wifey!

Comments

Twilight Man said…
So strange that William didn't post any foodie pixs! Must be not so delicious kan.
Did I hear LBS? I should throw custard at them.
Gratitude said…
Eye candy saved the day!
+Ant+
savante said…
You never said hi to the hunk?
Danny said…
very attractive indeed ;)
nicky05 said…
din intro yourself to the hunky ?.wakaka
Skyhawk said…
One pic of thus hunk is not sufficient...no more liao meh?
kidz said…
Ooo... William zai likes jap-baseball-rugged hunk.. Did u ask him "can u hit me with ur Bat?" =p
William said…
@Twi:
Haha. I did not want to embarrass myself in front of the other guests. :P. Yeah, the MBB guy also said LBS no good.

@Grat:
But he moved to another table halfway through the lunch.

@Savante: @Nicky:
No wor.

@Danny:
Aha. Your taste.

@SkyH:
How many you want wor...

@Kidz:
I hope he has a hefty bat!
kidz said…
lol... but i thought jap or jap-look-alike are typically just average.. dun hold high hopes.. =p
William said…
No worries, I'm not a size queen. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho