Rotten Apple


iPhone Dead
Swiped from nathanborror.
On Monday, I took replacement leave for New Year 2011. I did not sleep in but woke up early to go to the market. My mum is amazing. If you bring her to the market every day before CNY, I'm sure she'd find something to buy each day. Never mind that, but at least that trip to the Taman United Wet Market gained me a mayorship on FourSquare. Wakakaka. Decided to settle some chores on that day too. Braved the long queues at TNB and Syabas to change the name on my utility bills. While waiting for my turn at TNB, I noticed that my iPhone blacked out. Just a minute ago I was fiddling with it with 22% battery left and the next minute it was dead! Peculiar! Tried charging it in the car, but there was no response. Tried it with direct power at home, but with the same results. My heart sank. So I grabbed my warranty card and headed for the DiGi Center at Sunway Pyramid. It was a long wait without a phone to fiddle with! But it was fun watching the other customers playing with demo sets and setting the alarm off. I think the guard deactivated the alarm at least ten times. :P

After explaining my problem, the service staff tried to charge my phone via his laptop's USB port. After ten minutes or so, it started showing some signs of life, but only 5% went in. Even he admitted that it was abnormal. He advised me to quickly sync the phone in case it dies again and monitor the battery life. Unfortunately, there are currently no iPhone 3GS's available for a one to one replacement. :(. Well, at least I got the chance to 'cleanse' my phone of questionable material before returning it if dies next time. Hehe. Temporarily put my Nokia ExpressMusic back into active service. Worrying isn't it, that the iPhone can't last longer than a year, even without any major physical trauma. And the best thing is that installment tenure is double it's life expectancy. :S.

Walked around a bit at Sunway Pyramid. Did not purchase anything significant and mum had no luck too. The only thing that excited me was Daiso. Haha. Managed to exchange some pleasantries with SimonLover and give Chester a wave. For dinner, we shared a naan and tandoori chicken at Restoran Rishadh. It was a most satisfying meal. We practically drank all the dhaal and asked for seconds. :P.

Comments

Vincent~ said…
Hope iPhone 4 won't b like this (>_<)
argh, nvr really believe in apple
nicky05 said…
it's sign already to change Iphone4.:P
said…
huh? iphone so bad? seriously?
luckily i dun hav one yet~
Anonymous said…
Luckily I was adamant in not submitting to the reign of the Apple empire...kakakaka
William said…
@Vince:
The iPhone4 is worse than 3GS.

@Nicky:
Will you pay the rest of the installment for my 3GS?

@L2:
Haha. Too many things on a little gadget. Dia tak boleh tahan. :P

@Anon:
It may not be very durable, but it really is worth biting into this little 'poison apple'.
Bravebear said…
=.=" first Cheryl now urs...
Anonymous said…
just got iphone4, i hope wont conked out that soon:)
William said…
@BBear:
Pening hor?

@3Q:
The guy at the DiGi center said iPhone4 is more fragile. Good luck!
Gratitude said…
lolz found out today that TZ's apple was more rotten than my dinosaur!
+Ant+
Ash Godiva said…
Ai??how come your apple rotten so quick?mine exactly 1 year 3 months and still good even had fall down so many times
Jaded Jeremy said…
Oh so what did you do to your iPhone? Are you sending it for repair?

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho