No Oil?


No Oil?
Swiped from williamnyk.
I dunno whether you guys noticed this... but if you were out shopping for groceries before the CNY period, you would have noticed that peanut cooking oil was in very short supply. On the other hand, corn, flower, olive and canola oil was in abundance. In my opinion, the shortage of oil is far more serious than sugar. I can live without sugar in my coffee and I take Milo kosong anyway, but one can't even stir-fry a simple vegetable without cooking oil. Forget about the substitute cooking oils for a second. One can argue that it can be done with a non-stick pan or perhaps butter... but it just isn't the same hor? But I guess it's a good start to steaming and blanching one's food. Would do wonders for my waistline. But then again, i would still drizzle some oil over my blanched vege. :P. So what is it for you? Cooking oil or sugar?

P.S.: I'm sorry that the auntiness quotient of this post is way above regulations... I don't know what got into me...

Comments

Pluboy2 said…
my mom had to resort to frying har peng with olive oil!!!!!!!!!!!

talking about cooking unhealthy stuffs with healthy oil!
nicky05 said…
they use to fry ngaku and crab meat stick.
savante said…
Usually the amenities like oil and foodstuffs get finished.
William said…
@Takashi:
Wow. Mediterranean keropok. :P

@Nicky:
So kwa cheong or not... until no more in the market. =_=

@Savante:
Condoms?
Oily said…
I dont MY will ever run out of cooking oil: u have estates-full of palm oil. Only that people dont want to use them at home, but it is all over processed food all over the world.
Gratitude said…
I know peanut oil is good for frying, but what about trying palm oil.
+Ant+
kidz said…
next year stock up like from hari raya time.. thats like the time govrn will ban price hike, and make sure supply is in abundant.. so we shud take advantage of that..
William said…
@Oily:
Not too sure about palm oil shortage. Did not notice. But I think even the peanut oil sold here is mixed with palm oil.

@Grat:
Cap Buruh? :P

@Kidz:
Not necessary to hoard actually, just that found it peculiar that peanut cooking oil was not readily available.
Lucas said…
Nuts maybe in short supply then, as most were probably sold as cny snacks?

I know ur problem, my parents only like the chicken brand peanut oil... And I went to three different places to find it. I have a secret location that always stocks it... But a bit more pricey la.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho