Briyani Langit Biru

Briyani Langit Biru is an elusive persona on FB. Just suddenly appeared one day and made his presence known. Added him into my friends list and started chatting with him. Was a bit skeptical at first as he had just one small picture on his profile and even his MSN avatar did not show his face. But other than that, everything seemed to be in order. More than once I've had people asking me whether I know him personally and whether they should accept his friend request. On the sidelines, he also built a rapport with Nicky and somehow three of us always had message threads running about arranging meet ups and blah-ing about fluff. Every time our stars did not align. Either I only met up with Nicky, or only Nicky met up with him. Determined to break the cycle, I SMS-ed him on VDay eve to arrange a lunch date. At first I suggested Pappa Rich at 3 1/2 Mile Square, but he preferred it in Petaling Jaya, so I obliged (you owe me, Briyani!). His suggestion-- Old Town Kopitiam at Jaya One.

Upon arrival at Jaya One, I felt it kinda a waste eating at Old Town with all the myriad of choices there. Something like gorging on white rice at a buffet spread. Seeing that Tappers Cafe had quite a following, I changed the venue to that. Although he stays in PJ, he was late (you owe another, Briyani!)! Looking through the menu, I was intrigued by the Nasi Dagang Terengganu. Unfortunately they were all out. Tried for the Nasi Gulai Ayam instead and it was also not available. Just my luck. In the end, we both ordered the Baked Soya Chicken. A bad choice. The whole dish was overpowered by dark soya sauce. Ugh. Looking and chatting with Briyani, it suddenly dawned on me that he could pass for Froggie's younger brother. The eyes, the build, but not quite the skin tone. Quite easy to talk to (not uber shy like Nicky, :P), definitely someone I would hang out with. One lemon tea and one cham later, we called it a day. Next time, perhaps all three of us can finally sit down together.

P.S.: I recently read in Star Metro that the Baked Soya Chicken is the pride of the chef at Tappers Cafe! The soya sauce is tea-infused to give a hint of smoked taste to the chicken. Errr... What do you think Briyani?

Comments

nicky05 said…
Briyani= Berahi?..wakakak
Anonymous said…
What a lovely blog that talked about me.Since when I become food? Briyani langit biru? Should TM it I suggest. LOL. The meal has nothing to shout but the meet was the matter ya. Looking forward our next meet. My turn to pay you a meal.(Don't need to keep reminding me in the blog) LMAO

Love
langit biru
William said…
@Ichi:
Maybe he's afraid of me.

@Nicky:
Towards you perhaps!

@Briyani:
Yes, it's your's to trademark. What I reminded you in the blog has nothing to do with that (and I didn't even mention it!). So it means you owe me three meals. Correct?
Janvier said…
You need to ask why everyone goes through you when it comes to mutual adds?
Twilight Man said…
LOL... Langit Biru! What a nice name!

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho