The Eve of Four Ones

Little Korea
On Friday morning, I got up at 7:00am and drove mum to Taman Bukit Jalil for a jog. At the start, it was mostly brisk walking. Only later did I ditch mum and did some jogging. Thought I was doing OK until bent over to pull up my socks. When I got up, I felt that the blood flow to my brain wasn't quite right. Started seeing static and white stars. Goodness. Took some time before the feeling of faintness passed. Wonder if it was due to me bending over (jangan fikir lain) or because I did not eat before going for the jog. Guess it was a little bit of both. While walking back to the car, we saw a father-daughter team who were both having a leisurely walk while munching on big pau's. That's how we should all exercise! Breakfast was at Jalan Lazat, OUG. Ordered seafood noodles that came in a soup so sweet that I could very well had been drinking tong sui. The only positive was the fact that the auntie gave many prawns and it was fresh.

Give me some grub!
At 11:30am, I headed out for lunch with SK, Jase and Nicky at Solaris Mont Kiara. Plan A was to lunch at Suishin Restobar, but it was closed. So we went to Little Korea instead. Supposedly popular among the Korean expats. It took us quite some time to order, but we ended up with Sam Gye Tang (chicken ginseng soup with glutinous rice filling), Gal Bi Tang (beef soup~ prefer this over the chicken), Dol Sot Bi Bim Bab (stone bowl rice~ not to my taste) and Bi Bim Neng Myun (a type of super dainty noodles in spicy sauce). Nicky had the noodles and it is quite hard for me to explain the pained expression on his face while eating that. The strange thing was that SK found that very delicious. The restaurant did not have any exhaust vents so we emerged from the restaurant stinking of BBQ.
Next stop was Hartamas Shopping Center. Walked around a little and finally stopped at Starbucks for some drinks. Judging from how Nicky drank his frappucino, I now know that he is a whip cream whore. Bet he has whipped cream stashed in his bedroom for special occassions.

Back at Jase's place, we raided his SIL's Nama Bitter Chocolate from Royce. Super delicious and premium stuff! Helped Jase get rid of a wasp's nest using his SIL's Nine West heels. A giant grub and two long-ish caterpillars came out of the mud nest. Flushed them out with water.

SFX, Jalan Gasing
I got home at 5:30pm and slept for a couple of hours. Got up, got dressed and headed for RR @ BK5 for some mamak food. Between mum and I we had their crispy dosai, Maggi goreng and a small packet of nasi lemak. Then took a slow drive to St. Francis Xavier Church. Arrived way too early! Waited for about forty five minutes before the pre-mass carolling started. The choir was quite impressive with good voice talent and music arrangement. They sang all the classics like "Silent Night, "Hark The Herald Angels Sing" and "Away in a Manger". Mass started at 10:45pm and was presided over by Father Simon. It had been years since I had been to SFX, so I was quite impressed by the renovations. They know have an old school type ornate altar and a pseudo-vaulted ceiling. Quite interesting. And they sing the Lord's Prayer in Latin! 

PATER noster, qui es in caelis, sanctificetur nomen tuum. Adveniat regnum tuum. Fiat voluntas tua, sicut in caelo et in terra. Panem nostrum quotidianum da nobis hodie, et dimitte nobis debita nostra sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris. Et ne nos inducas in tentationem, sed libera nos a malo. Amen.

Mass ended a quarter to midnight, so the time was filled with jokes and an account of the PM's visit to the Christmas party hosted by Archbishop Pakiam. It was all explained very nicely and diplomatically by the priest and the gist of the matter is no compromise was made in regards to matters of faith but Christians must always show their hospitality. With five minutes to go (on the church's clock), the outside world was already abuzz with fireworks, but we only wished each other 5 minutes later after the mass was ended. Luckily it was a painless drive home... 2011. You're finally here.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Finally my pleasure to be the first one to comment on your new blog. Hehe.. Drop-by and wanted to say Hi to you. Happy new year 2011 !

BB of nick nick : )
Danny said…
try drink something warm ( ie milo, milk, etc ) before start jogging or workout..
hv a healthy 2011 :)
kidz said…
Hopefully its the empty stomach... i mean if it is bending over causing that feeling, its gonna restrict the kind of pose u can have right.. that wud be a pity..

=p
Ash Godiva said…
arghhh...me need to clean my mind with clorox..thinking too far when you said "Bet he has whipped cream stashed in his bedroom for special occassions."
William said…
@Anon:
Welcome and happy new year.
Boy-Boy of Nick Nick? Is that what it means?

@Danny:
Yeah lo, I should. Here's to a healthier me in 2011!

@Kidz:
That kind of pose is not my fave. XD

@Ash:
You did not think too far. It was the intended scene I wanted to paint.
said…
aiyo... u should exercise more often
William said…
@L2:
Long time no see! Yeah, that's what I am trying to achieve.
nicky05 said…
i got hard time 2 swallow bcos not very often i had korean food. :p
J said…
yes, 2011 mali liau!!!!
Bengbeng said…
perhaps u need to eat more pork liver n other iron rich food stuff? that was my doc said when i told him of similar symptoms
Ash Godiva said…
NOW i'm thinking too far when nicky said swallow...hahaha
and i'm thinking of korean guys too>.<
Unknown said…
korean food... i can hardly eat them coz still too new to me >.<




[Jino] - A man's not a man unless he knows how to shoot
William said…
@Nicky:
You're picky!

@Hdaran:
Bye-bye 2010!

@Beng2:
Would love too~ but the cholesterol!

@Ash:
Nicky would have no problem swallowing a Korean hunk!

@Jino:
Try it, but not as enjoyable as jap food in my opinion.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho