Gifto

Mum was complaining about her limp hair for weeks, so after church we went to Taman Megah to get her hair curled. Before that, had lunch at the nearby kopitiam. Ordered a tomato kuay teow. Did not know what it was, but gave it a try anyway. A BAD gamble. The bloody dish took half an hour to arrive. It was just wat tan hor with egg gravy replaced with tomato sauce. KNS. A family beside me also ordered three plates of that stupid thing and after fifteen minutes of waiting, the hawker told them they had run out of stock. I wanted to tell the lady, "No loss!". Since mum's chemical service would take around 3 hours, SK and I decided to go to One Utama. Upon seeing the jam into One Utama, we went to The Curve instead. Plenty of parking at Cineleisure. As usual, SK spent a few hundred ringgit in just half an hour of shopping for bras and cosmetics. :S. Later on, we met up with Lifebook at Pappa Rich. Then went birthday present shopping. The only purchase I made was a cheapo iPhone cover for my 3GS. Experience has taught me that expensive covers do not necessarily translate into better durability.

Just before leaving, SK bought a summer dress. That woman can really shop. And on the sidelines, my mei was having some drama in her relationship. Talked to her a bit, but I think she needs to be clear about what she really wants and feels! Hope things will be alright. Sigh. Upon arriving home, mum took a nap so I went to the nearby food court to pack some claypot chicken rice and herbal soup. Claypot chicken rice definitely lacks oomph without the claypot! Haha. Did some last minute packing for my short Brunei trip and called it a night at 10:30pm. Had to wake up at 03:30am the next day! T_T.

Comments

Cheryl said…
yes...u should know me well DEAR... i love shopping.
Skyhawk said…
True, those expensive iPhone cover may not necessary last long...
kenni said…
Tomato kuay teow is kuchingites favourite!

But all my west malaysian kawan detest it. Ha!
J said…
Back to Brunei again??
Janvier said…
Wasn't your first cover a Capdase?

We're trying to resist from buying more covers even though ours are still usable!
Nick said…
This time while u r in brunei, try Kaizen Sushi in Kiarong or a Korean restaurant called Kimchi. :)
Jaded Jeremy said…
Tomato kuay teow? It doesn't sound appealing.
nicky05 said…
no wonder that day u looking phone's cover
William said…
@Cheryl:
Shopping Queen.

@SkyH:
Sakit hati kan?

@Kenni:
Hi Kenni. Long time no see. I think the long wait made me like it even less.

@Hdaran:
Back in KL now!

@Janvier:
I still have the Capdase. A good fit, but I don't like the colour. I keep it as a spare when the fashion covers die.

@Grat:
Haha. ;)

@Nick:
I think you're my only reader from Brunei? I did not have the chance to venture out this time.

@JJ:
A local thing it seems, according to Kenni.

@Nicky:
Yeah la... you never offer to buy for me also.
kidz said…
Well, they cud be expensive for various reasons, say design? i mean i bet i can rip a thousand-dollar LV dress easily with a pair of scissors too.. =p

but on the other hand are u sure u got a really expsnvie cover or just it was kinda fake-sold-as-expansive cover? =p
Nick said…
will.i.am: Oh! Really!? Anyway,not much 2 do in brunei either (sad to say lah). Hehe
William said…
@Kidz:
I have never used a cover worth more than MYR15. My observations come from 3rd parties.

@Nick:
Is it easy to find people with similar tendencies in Brunei?
Nick said…
will.i.am: Hmmm...What do u mean?
William said…
@Nick:
Oh, perhaps I should rephrase. Where do you usually hang out?
Nick said…
will: Hmmm... local common hangout activities...
1) The Mall
2) Any cafe to lim teh/yum char, e.g. The Arch, coffeebean
3) Any makan-ing places
4) Fishing (river or at sea)
5) fren / fren's fren home

As for me mostly at home (mainly to recover from work...hehe) or otherwise yum char wif fren(s) at any kopi shop. Sometimes out of the blue, i'll probably go foodie hunt, trying out different makan-ing shops.
William said…
@Nick:
The Mall! Hehe. Yeah, did see quite a lot of young people there. Fishing? What have you caught before?

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho