Boring-boring

"Suddenly Brunei", as Alexander the Gay likes to put it. Had to make a trip to Brunei for several wrap up meetings with my client's consultant. An annoying Hungarian guy. Ugh. In case you're wondering~ no, he's not hot. Anyway, SK was supposed to pick me up but somehow, her alarm didn't go off. Ended up half an hour late. Still, I had ample time. This time round, I discovered something new about AirAsia's self check-in system. One can now use one's iPhone. Log on. Key in the information and they will send you a 2D barcode. Bring it up on your iPhone and flash it at the scanner kiosk. A boarding pass will be printed for you. Not bad. Just had fifteen minutes to talk to SK before I went into the departure hall. The flight was uneventful except that it was quite full and people turned up right up till the last minute. Blegh. I wanted to fly on Sunday afternoon, but it was sold out, no doubt due to the end of the holidays.

At the Brunei airport, most of the passengers were caught up in a traffic snarl. Immigration was slow to process the arrivals. The queue went up to the stairs. My quick escape from the plane (Hot Seat ma) saved me from the long wait. Butttttttt.... I still had to wait for my other colleagues. We were delayed for one hour. And that was the beginning of Fry's (the company driver) agitation. Back at the hotel, I checked in and dropped off my bag. Fry waited to take me to the office. My other colleagues however, had no intention to go in because their meeting was in the afternoon. That got Fry irritated since he had to come over and pick them up later (FYI, it's just a 5 minute drive). They wanted 12:30pm, but he grumbled that it was his lunch time and prayer time, so they decided on 02:30pm. Mana tahu, they walked into office at 12:00pm due to a production problem. Wakakaka. Fry gave them an earful.

"Told you to go to office just now! But you don't want! Yadda, yadda, yadda."

The next morning, Fry arrived at 08:30am. We had finished breakfast and got into the car. As luck would have it, the two new guys did not bring their bags down and went back up to the hotel. Fry beh tahan liao. He complained to me first.

"Why you never tell your friend to bring his bag down?! Waste time..."

And when the two got into the car, he grumbled again. And so, we started talking in Chinese regarding his behaviour. He did not like it and started driving real fast! He ran three red lights. Hardly any need for such speed in Bandar Seri Begawan. When we continued laughing, he turned up the music a notch to drown us out. Goodness. My colleague declared him the CEO of the Van. The best thing was, he recounted the story to as many people as he could. =_=". Back at the hotel, another drama unfolded. The hotel staff screwed up the room reservations for another colleague. The fella had the gall to tell her to evict the guest.

"Take this key. Go up to room 413 and tell the occupant to go to room 514."

She gave him a piece of her mind and he started mumbling his displeasure in colloquial (she was so intent on knowing the meaning of what was mumbled that she asked the waiter about it during dinner).

"What are you saying? Scolding me ah?"

Brave. But it suddenly dawned on her that it was a bad idea (think late night disturbances!). The hotel staff retaliated by not registering her laptop to the WIFI. Eventful! And yet another colleague had her luggage forcefully-opened. It was a brand new bag. AirAsia refunded her BDN5.35. Precious! And she told me:

"I don't wanna come back to Brunei!"

Yes. One can always hope.

iPhone63Brunei

Comments

Mr.D said…
Ish poor customer service. Teruknya.
Ryan said…
Memang dramatic! Lol...
Nick said…
I pity ur colleagues going through some rough time. I'm even ashamed to hear about the poor hotel hospitality/services. Which hotel r u all staying? The Gallery Hotel or Abdul Razak Service Apartment? Anyway, try to make the best of your stay while u & ur colleagues are here.
Cheryl said…
really first time in my life i am late.. lucky DEAR did wake me up...
William said…
@MrD:
Amazing right?

@Ryan:
Yeah lo. So banyak hal!

@Nick:
I was staying at Abdul Razak. That guy memang got attitude problem. Kena complain once before.

@Cheryl:
I sure will call unless my alarm also did not ring!
Nick said…
Tsk tsk... attitude guy sud take pms pill to chill. LOl...
J said…
Thank God I picked up Mandarin and know a little bit of Hokkien... Wouldn't want to be in Fry's position BUT, then again I wouldn't have been that annoying...
kidz said…
wow... ur friend is kinda lucky in a way.. imean how often u get a chance to scream WTF so "rightfully" at someone... this has to be one of the dumbest thing a hotel staff can do...
Ash Godiva said…
thankfully fry didnt meet me or else i'll give him my death stare...hahaha
Jaded Jeremy said…
Wahhh. I also don't want to go there after reading this.
Unknown said…
customer service teruk la hotel tu. wait. was it a cheap place? kalau cheap then understandable...




[Jino] - A man's not a man unless he knows how to shoot
Anonymous said…
seems like you travel to brunei often!
William said…
@Nick:
Better letter him chew on a warning letter.

@Fry:
Hehe. Looks can be very deceiving. Many people are multilingual these days.

@Kidz:
Yeah, she seemed to be 'enjoying' it. LOL

@Ash:
Oooo... gotta see it in action one day.

@Jino:
Corporate rate: BND174 for 3 nights
Twilight Man said…
You have been slipping in out of Darulsallam so many times! Are you not being kept by someone? Sultan?

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho