BSB Revisited III: Seek & Ye Shall Find?

Being the bad little Catholic that I am, I still try to partake in the Sunday Mass. Flying down to Brunei, I had already missed it on Sunday. Arriving in Brunei, I went to work trying to locate any nearby parishes. Seems that there is a Church of Our Lady of Immaculate Conception at Jalan Kumbang Pasang. The intersection to that road is not too far a walk from my place actually. Unfortunately, I don't know the exact location. For some reason, the church is not marked on any map in the internet. And even the church's website is down. Quite sad since it's supposed to be the main Catholic church for the Brunei diocese. Can you imagine that I even resorted to a gay cruising site to try to find it? (interesting to note that www.cruisinggays.com gave that spot 3/5 stars). In the end, I did not go. Jalan Kumbang Pasang is just too long for me to make a gung-ho church-hunting trip. Instead, I took out my camera and walked along Jalan Tutong towards the bridge over Sungai Kedeyan to take some pics. Nearly melted in the sun. And I thought Brunei had a more pleasant sun.

Lunch was KFC at the nearby Plaza Athirah. A sorry excuse for a shopping complex. I really don't know how the tenants survive. Bruneian KFC is a tad milder. Good thing was, it didn't leave a dry feeling in one's palate after the meal. They had run out of mashed potatoes due to 'overwhelming support', so we got wedges instead. And somehow, the bun tasted like it was buttered. BND6.10 for the snack plate. Since we were out, we hopped from shade to shade until we reached the nearby First Emporium. Could see a minor jam of cars outside it... I guess this is a close as they get to a weekend Midvalley Megamall shopping experience. Back in the room, i watched The Book of Eli on my laptop. HBO was still playing the Batman marathon. Overkill. I stopped at "Dark Knight". A little reading. A little lazing... the the all-important question pops up again...

"What's for dinner?"

Artisanal Fish Balls

Had fantastic fish balls at Restoran Sui Heng. Artisanal. Excellent texture. As bouncy as a twink's tight ass. No fishy taste! In a clear soup flavoured with preserved vegetables and a generous amount of leafy greens.

Comments

kidz said…
OMG... cruisinggays.com they have this kind of site!! u have so enlighten me will! =p
Twilight Man said…
Seek No God But Found A Cruise Valley you did. Naughty William! When are you back to earth in KL?
fufu said…
wow damn kfc?? ages havent tried!!!
Cheryl said…
like a boring sunday le :P
Legolas said…
So it's true that they say there's no entertainment there.
Janvier said…
Fish balls. No fishy taste. Hmmm.
Jaded Jeremy said…
Fishball without fishy taste? That sounds f...
nicky05 said…
Didnt provide any transportation?
Gratitude said…
I'm sure the next meal of fish balls will get me horny rofl!
+Ant+
William said…
@Kidz:
So did you search around your area?

@Twi:
I'll be back on the 2nd of Nov.

@Fufu:
Not available in Brazil?

@Cheryl:
Haha. Rest lo.

@Legs:
You have to make your own entertainment.

@Janvier: @JJ:
Fishy taste = bau hanyir.

@Nicky05:
Cabs are practically non-existent.

@Grat:
Horny eating balls... :P

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho