BSB Revisited I: I'd Still Rather Watch Cum Dry

Woke up at 7:30am and did some last minute packing before SK fetched me to the airport. At the LCCT, I looked at the departure board and found my flight AK266 - KSK. What the hell's "KSK"?! Went to ask at the information counter. Turns out that it means "Self Check-In Kiosk". So off I went in search of the kiosk. And what do I see there? Several lines of frustrated passengers trying to check-in. Either the booking could not be found or the machine did not have paper to print out the boarding pass. Perfect. A chinese woman was asking the customer service about the problem, so I in turn asked her about her findings.

"You from XYZ company?"

Wah, I must have tattoo-ed on my forehead or something. But then, it's not everyday that you have a bunch of typical cheenas going to Bandar Seri Begawan. So off we went to the other cluster or machines. Also hopeless. We ended checking in at the baggage drop-off counter. The only benefit of the kiosk is if you do not have any baggage, else you will still need to line up at the counter. And if you really have no bags, might as well use the web check-in than be at the mercy of their stupid hardware.

After checking in, I had a MYR9.90 cup of long black (I'd rather drink at CBTL) at Theobroma Chocolate Lounge with SK. Horribly messy. The tables were full of crumbs and the floor was filthy. I think McD's cleaner. My journey through immigration and security was very quick. Boarded at the scheduled time. It was a very full flight. Luckily my company's ticket procurement lady bought us the package with the hot seat. Only an extra MYR12, inclusive of 15kg baggage and meal. My parent company on the other hand, chooses to force their employees to pay for the baggage and claim it back later at the cost of MYR60. I don't know what kind of psychotic policy that is. Trying to make more money for Air Asia and create more workload for the accounts department. Insane.

Slept through most of the flight. During my waking hours, I ate Air Asia's nasi lemak and fiddled with "Plants vs Zombies". The flight was pleasant. Just a little turbulence at the start. And during take off, a stowage vibrated so badly that it sounded it was going to break off. But you know what? A ceiling cover near the front did fall off when we taxied at the terminal, revealing a whole bunch of tubing and wiring. I half expected to see pirated DVDs or blocks of cocaine falling out of the gaping hole. Once again, I'll be staying at the same hotel on Jalan Tutong. Unfortunately, the department store right beside it closed down for renovations, so we have to walk further for our grocery shopping. :(. Dinner was at Sui Heng. Chose to have some mixed rice. The cheapest on the menu. Have to ration myself to BND10 a day for food! Ate with some juniors. Got a couple of semi-cuties amongst them. Huhu.

Back at the room, I ironed my clothes and surfed the net. Unfortunately, my iPhone can no longer connect to the network. The hotel's IT is of the opinion that Apple products are a big bandwidth hogger. Alamak. This time, I'm staying in a suite with two rooms and a kitchenette. Perhaps I'll cook during the weekends. At least that way I can limit my consumtption of premium Bruneian MSG to just 5 days a week.

Comments

Pluboy2 said…
now do you know why my fb status is cursing at airasia self check in for 2 whole days?

i have the shit problem like u do too! travelling to singapore no longer has a counter.. and only at kiosk.. and i fumble to go online and get my booking number from my HR..

and then i was asked to go to this counter to verify my printed boarding pass where they just draw circles and circles on it.. and ask me to go to another side of lcct which was 10 min walk away to check in.. THAT WAS STILL 1.5 hours prior..

and they made me go through immigration by asking me to go through that way, and point of no return.. the hungry me have to starve till land in singapore...
Mr.D said…
don't do naughty things there ya. huhu
Cheryl said…
the life there sounds MISERABLE... no home cook food and kena beli groceries :S
Twilight Man said…
Wow a suite with 2 rooms! You will cook and have a party!
nicky05 said…
Semi Cuties same room with you?..hehe
William said…
@Takashi:
Your HR does not forward you the itinerary? Another side of LCCT? So weird de. Stupid la their system. Not ready.

@MrD:
Have to!

@Cheryl:
Yeah, too much outside food is sienz.

@Twi:
No more pot! Sudah kena curi!

@Nicky:
No wor. :(

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho