101010

What's so special about 10.10.10 that every Ah Lian and Ah Beng wants to get married on that day? Even SK's ex-housemate wanted to, but failed. She got registered on the 11th instead. Anyway, who celebrates the ROM date?! Riding on the popularity of this date, there was a wedding contest at The Pavilion where ten couples of newly-weds vied to be the "Perfect 10". Didn't spot any cuties, but I did see some weird wedding gowns. A very updated version where the groom looked like MJ-meets-Jack Sparrow and the bride looked like she stepped on a giant capsicum. Still, they looked totally precious together. The blushing bride also make good use of some body makeup trying to conceal a tattoo on her shoulder blade. She should have opted for more heavy duty concealers. But with her current style, I'd say that a tattoo isn't exactly out of place.

Here's another fashion wave that I totally missed (but I'm grateful that I missed it)-- leggings for guys. Saw this on a mannequin in Fahrenheit 88. Comes from a shop called Chapter 8. They were doing brisk busniness on that day. Would you don such a thing? I wouldn't even touch the shorts, let alone the leggings. But according to a colleague, he had seen such a style years ago at the TARC campus. The trend setters of tomorrow! Hahahaha. Perhaps they should just lose the shorts. The glimpse of a manly bulge would be much more attractive!

Comments

nicky05 said…
you should go TARC work. Many cuties around during lunch hour if sat in canteen, see them walk pass by..hahaha..
kidz said…
and my plan is to get married in dec 20 2 years later.. time is running short.. ='(
Anonymous said…
my brother happened to have registered on that day, quite a lot of eye candies actually, haha, leggings are popular years ago, but only recently in malaysia~ ^^
J said…
Manly bulge or not, no way for tights on men!!! I'd stick to the skinny jeans...
Skyhawk said…
I also wish to get married on 10.10.10 if chance is given again....
Little Dove said…
I thought leggings are happening for the girls now. Definitely not for guys.
Vincent~ said…
....leggings? For guys? ... ... Seriously Ppl actually do that? =_=
William said…
@Nicky:
Never been there! My spy cam would be busy then.

@Kidz:
Ever heard of a shotgun marriage?

@OrangeW:
Congrats to your bro. Leggings for guys ah?

@HDaran:
Think of ballet or medieval times. :P. I can't fit into skinny jeans.

@SkyHawk:
I'm sure there's some other lucky number down the road.

@LittleD:
Only for the adventurous!

@Vince:
I have not seen it on the streets. Yet.
Gratitude said…
Some people just follow trends blindly.
+Ant+
- a L E x - said…
Apparently some local designers or designers to be are trying to bring a trend of wearing heels for men. :|
Anonymous said…
its nothing new. men in the 1700's in western europe wore leggings and wig and make-up (with heavy foundation containing white lead):)
Derek said…
No leggings for me too!
William said…
@Grat:
I think if you can carry it off, never mind. But if you can't...

@-Alex-:
Boots have heels. :P. I remember that Zang Toi used to wear mini skirts. :P

@3Q:
Haha. Good point! The codpiece!

@Derek:
I would laugh uncontrollably!
J said…
Which is probably why they were not revived all this while... again, i stand by it, bulge or not, leggings, men should never...
Twilight Man said…
I should have posted all the fugly grooms i shot at the mass wedding! You might die laughing!

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho