Swimming Through Life

Last Sunday, my swim was joined by two indian kids who were there with their father. They would be swimming, while their dad just observed from the side. What amused me was the way they swam. Flailing and gasping for air on every stroke. Sink. Gasp. Crawl. Sink. Gasp. Crawl. For the backstroke, their heads were sugmerged half of the time. I wonder how much chlorine water they drank. It was exhausting watching them do it. And yet, they did it for many laps. To me it seemed like some kind of perverse enjoyment. I tried demonstrating to them how leisurely a swim could be, but the kid did not get the point. Tried to tell him to hold in the air, but he looked at me blankly and gave me a thumbs up, prompting that we should race.

Can't help to think that perhaps I am going through life like those kids right now. Flailing through life. Struggling. When will be a slow and leisurely swim? Minimum effort with maximum gains. Oh well, enough wishful thinking. Back to the pool!

Comments

Shake Trees said…
since when u become philosopher? :P last sun n now only u post? hope ur ok. cheers dude.
Legolas said…
Love swimming, but not getting any. Have to lose the fat first anyway.
Skyhawk said…
The dad shall engage coach like Will to teach.
Danny said…
hmm.. i think the kids are better than me ..
bad swimmer here ;(
nicky05 said…
Kids being kids. They have fun, they laugh, happy, exciting. It's joyful to see them like these. Make the life more meaningful.:D
Elton said…
As they swim leisurely, they enjoyed the whole activity; likewise, as you lead ur life happily, you are enjoying every moment of it.
Gratitude said…
Since when did life turn for the worse for you, or juz sai meng?
+Ant+
William said…
@Koala:
Hahaha. Sometimes also got heavy things hanging on my mind ma. :P. Not only skanky stuff. My delay is usually around 4 days.

@Legs:
Not swim to lose fat meh?

@SkyHawk:
LOL. Will I be accused of molesting his children later?

@Danny:
Vogue swimmer!

@Nicky:
Care-free...

Elton:
In life, the water is quite choppy at times!

Anton:
I know I will look back at laugh at this. Hehe.
Pluboy2 said…
i can do leisure and competitive but most of the time, i'll just rather wash eye.
Derek said…
I'm here for you dear! Hugs
William said…
@Takashi:
But I rarely get lucky enough to wash eye.

@Derek:
Thanks, baby.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho